• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Kenosha Shooting - split from The Great Gun Control Debate- 2.0

Target Up said:
The only "positive" from this is that the kid wasn't properly trained or there could have been absolute carnage on that street.

One of the Canadian left's favourite talking heads on gun policy, Wendy Cukier of the Coalition for Gun Control (Confiscation?) has stated that lawful sport shooters are more dangerous than criminals because they are proficient.

Humphrey Bogart said:
Interesting discussion.  I watched the full video, the entire area looked like absolute anarchy.  This teenager should not have been there but don't attack someone holding a gun and not expect retaliation.  I wonder what was going through those morons heads when they decided to pursue that COA?

When you map out the terrain where Huber smashed Rittenhouse with his skateboard, 200m more in the direction that Rittenhouse was walking was a fleet of police tactical response vehicles and cruisers and what appeared to be a very large police force.  I have a hard time buying the argument that Huber and Grosskreutz we’re trying to effect a citizen’s arrest for Rosenbaum’s shooting earlier, as the most prudent action would have been for one of the observers of the first event to run towards the police concentration to identify Rittenhouse to police.  I suspect that had they done so, neither Huber nor Grosskreutz would have been shot, Huber fatally.

I agree with FJAG and others, there is enough that went on in the incident that conviction of Rittenhouse’s murder charge is likely not the slam dunk that many believe it to be.

:2c:

Regards
G2G

Good2Golf said:
When you map out the terrain where Huber smashed Rittenhouse with his skateboard, 200m more in the direction that Rittenhouse was walking was a fleet of police tactical response vehicles and cruisers and what appeared to be a very large police force.  I have a hard time buying the argument that Huber and Grosskreutz we’re trying to effect a citizen’s arrest for Rosenbaum’s shooting earlier, as the most prudent action would have been for one of the observers of the first event to run towards the police concentration to identify Rittenhouse to police.  I suspect that had they done so, neither Huber nor Grosskreutz would have been shot, Huber fatally.

I agree with FJAG and others, there is enough that went on in the incident that conviction of Rittenhouse’s murder charge is likely not the slam dunk that many believe it to be.

:2c:

Regards
G2G

Nailed it.

The massive Police presence just down the road was not missed by me either.  The Police seemed to have been treating the entire area like a sort of No Man's Land. 

The entire scene was like something right out of the movie "The Purge". 

You guys noticed how their SWAT conducted the casualty extraction? They were very nervous to be in that situation, they put a long gun baseline up past the casualty and withdrew with guns still up as the casualty was carried out. This was not at all a situation conducive to safe, prompt on-scene investigation.

Brihard said:
Also, generally, America is effing insane.

It's certainly gone that way in the past few years. 

When people are allowed to travel internationally without restrictions again, I wonder how much the US will have to do to entice tourists back.  I'm sure there are some people who are thinking "well, I'm not going to a place like that". 

Dimsum said:
It's certainly gone that way in the past few years. 

When people are allowed to travel internationally without restrictions again, I wonder how much the US will have to do to entice tourists back.  I'm sure there are some people who are thinking "well, I'm not going to a place like that".

I went to Seattle just before all the lockdowns.  I had been there almost a decade ago and wow, what a change.  The downtown is now a complete dump.  Sadly Victoria is well on its way to replicating that.

Haggis said:
One of the Canadian left's favourite talking heads on gun policy, Wendy Cukier of the Coalition for Gun Control (Confiscation?) has stated that lawful sport shooters are more dangerous than criminals because they are proficient.

I get the logic behind that, I think I'm pretty proficient myself, but logically police officers should be proficient too.

The officer involved in the latest shooting missed something like 3 of 7 shots from 3 feet away, of a man leaning in a car.

Haggis said:

My point was that, had that guy been, oh I dunno, just for shiggles let's say a marine with three trips to Fallujah behind him, would have dealt with that in a whole different way, as a high pressure scenario wouldn't effect him the same way. There would have been stacks of bodies there.  I would argue that well trained proficient shooters are less dangerous to the general public, not more. Any numpty can spray and pray into a crowd the moment they feel the slightest bit put upon. I completely 100% disagree with the CBCs "expert".

A breakdown of the event https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSU9ZvnudFE

You note that even under great stress he only shot at his direct attackers. I do agree with Colion Noir that a 17 year old should not have been in that situation and that the older people there in the group defending property should have kept him back or away from danger. My gut feeling is that he is going to win the self-defense plea and that he is going to have to deal with PTSD for a long time and hope he gets help.

>I wonder what was going through those morons heads when they decided to pursue that COA?

"I'm going to kick his ass!" ?

Never underestimate the puffy-chest factor.

Colin P said:
A breakdown of the event https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSU9ZvnudFE

You note that even under great stress he only shot at his direct attackers. I do agree with Colion Noir that a 17 year old should not have been in that situation and that the older people there in the group defending property should have kept him back or away from danger. My gut feeling is that he is going to win the self-defense plea and that he is going to have to deal with PTSD for a long time and hope he gets help.

A good analysis with the facts available at the time.

Is anyone else surprised that there is such a thing as "concealed carry" insurance available? Ain't free enterprise glorious?

:cheers:

Perhaps after years of firearm control advocates calling for mandatory liability insurance (ideally at punitive rates), someone thought, "Hey, good idea."

The lad's lawyer speaks up

Kyle Rittenhouse Was Working as a Lifeguard in Kenosha the Day of the Shooting, Went to Clean Vandalism at School After Work

Cassandra Fairbanks
August 28, 2020 at 6:46pm

Kyle Rittenhouse is a community lifeguard who was working in Kenosha the day of the shooting.

This simple fact destroys the narrative being peddled by the mainstream media that he had “crossed state lines” to harm the rioters.

In a statement by Rittenhouse’s legal team at Pierce Bainbridge, provided to the Gateway Pundit, they explained that “after Kyle finished his work that day as a community lifeguard in Kenosha, he wanted to help clean up some of the damage, so he and a friend went to the local public high school to remove graffiti by rioters.”

“Later in the day, they received information about a call for help from a local business owner, whose downtown Kenosha auto dealership was largely destroyed by mob violence,” the statement continues. “Business owner needed help to protect what he had left of his life’s work, including two nearby mechanic’s shops. Kyle and a friend armed themselves with rifles due to the deadly violence gripping Kenosha and many other American cities, and headed to the business premises. The weapons were in Wisconsin and never crossed state lines.”

After the situation seemed to be diffused, Rittenhouse became increasingly concerned about people who were injured at the gas station, so he went in that direction with his first aid kit. He helped those he could find who were injured, either by administering aid or directing them which way to go for help beyond what he could offer.

“As Kyle proceeded towards the second mechanic’s shop, he was accosted by multiple rioters who recognized that he had been attempting to protect a business the mob wanted to destroy. This outraged the rioters and created a mob now determined to hurt Kyle. They began chasing him down. Kyle attempted to get away, but he could not do so quickly enough. Upon the sound of a gunshot behind him, Kyle turned and was immediately faced with an attacker lunging towards him and reaching for his rifle. He reacted instantaneously and justifiably with his weapon to protect himself, firing and striking the attacker,” Pierce explains.

“Kyle stopped to ensure care for the wounded attacker but faced a growing mob gesturing towards him. He realized he needed to flee for his safety and his survival. Another attacker struck Kyle from behind as he fled down the street. Kyle turned as the mob pressed in on him and he fell to the ground,” his legal team says. “One attacker kicked Kyle on the ground while he was on the ground. Yet another bashed him over the head with a skateboard. Several rioters tried to disarm Kyle. In fear for his life and concerned the crowd would either continue to shoot at him or even use his own weapon against him, Kyle had no choice but to fire multiple rounds towards his immediate attackers, striking two, including one armed attacker. The rest of the mob began to disperse upon hearing the additional gunshots.”

Rittenhouse then attempted to turn himself in, but was told to keep moving. He went and turned himself in to his local police that evening.

Rittenhouse is now being represented by some of the best legal minds in the country at Pierce Bainbridge, with help from Nicholas Sandmann’s lawyer Lin Wood.

On Friday, his legal team obtained a several-week continuance of his extradition hearing to September 25th. The lawyers say that this is an attempt to slow the rush to assassinate his character and destroy his life.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/08/kyle-rittenhouse-working-lifeguard-kenosha-day-shooting-went-clean-vandalism-school-work/?utm_source=Email&utm_medium=the-gateway-pundit&utm_campaign=dailyam&utm_content=daily

FJAG said:
Is anyone else surprised that there is such a thing as "concealed carry" insurance available? Ain't free enterprise glorious?

:cheers:

Not at all, it can easily cost $150,000+ to clear your name in a justified defensive shooting, what it does is puts the average person on a more level playing field against activist prosecutors who have a bias against self defense. Here in Canada, people plead to lesser charges to avoid trying to fight the mostly unlimited resource of the Crown even in cases they might win if they had the resources to fight it.
A lot of the CCW course include components on what to do after a self defense shooting or just using a gun in self defense without pulling the trigger which is the majority of times used.

https://ccwsafe.com/blog/what-next--what-to-do-after-a-self-defense-shooting

Jarnhamar said:
I get the logic behind that, I think I'm pretty proficient myself, but logically police officers should be proficient too.

Proficiency costs money.  I would daresay there are almost as many firearms qualification standards for police as there are states in the union and counties in each state.

Haggis said:
Proficiency costs money.  I would daresay there are almost as many firearms qualification standards for police as there are states in the union and counties in each state.
The Sheriffs in BC were pulled back to pistol requals every 18 months to save money, it consisted of 50 rd course of fire. I took him to a IPSC Skills and drills night where we each burned through 300 rds of ammo. He said in one night he shot more than 5 years on the force. In my experience cops with pistols are either very, very good. Or very, very bad. Does not seem to be much in-between.

Colin P said:
In my experience cops with pistols are either very, very good. Or very, very bad. Does not seem to be much in-between.

It's going to get worse once the financial costs of COVID-19, the political costs of the current and upcoming gun bans are known and the leftist led defunding begins.  No money for training. No money for ammunition and no places to shoot.

Colin P said:
The Sheriffs in BC were pulled back to pistol requals every 18 months to save money, it consisted of 50 rd course of fire. I took him to a IPSC Skills and drills night where we each burned through 300 rds of ammo. He said in one night he shot more than 5 years on the force. In my experience cops with pistols are either very, very good. Or very, very bad. Does not seem to be much in-between.

I had to do the same the last time I went overseas. Spent  hundreds of dollars worth of ammo on my personal AR15 and Sig 9mm to make up for the lack of training and practice during predeployment.

Very interesting to hear the other side of the story about Rittenhouse.

The radical left is way too quick to push half truths together and rush in with false conclusions. Very dangerous mind set.

Excellent balanced article on this sh!t sandwich

https://www.bullshido.net/anatomy-of-a-catastrophe/

Back