• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Kavanaugh - Is corroboration for sexual assault required?

Rifleman62 said:
She also said she did not write (author) the accusation letter. Who did?

My understanding is that Ford told some other people/friends and one of them leaked it to the media.

Retired AF Guy said:
My understanding is that Ford told some other people/friends and one of them leaked it to the media.

You'll want to watch the committee hearings on that one. While it's still uncertain who leaked it, there may be evidence that Feinstein staffer Heather Sawyer leaked Ford’s letter to the media in violation of Senate Rule 29(5).

Now that the liberals control the House, we'll have to see whether they form a committee to investigate the leak. I'm guessing no, but that's a guess.

I have a feeling this will just quietly go away and be forgotten. The originators and enablers got the mileage they wanted out of the bogus testimony and false sexual allegations. Ford and the others are of no account to them now. Cast to the curb, so to speak, having served their purpose.

This is the Senate inquiry (GOP), not the House of Representations (now Dems). Don't thing this will go away as two accusers, and one lawyer so far have been referred to the DOJ/FBI. Other referrals in progress by Senator Grassley.

Rifleman62 said:
This is the Senate inquiry (GOP), not the House of Representations (now Dems). Don't thing this will go away as two accusers, and one lawyer so far have been referred to the DOJ/FBI. Other referrals in progress by Senator Grassley.

I wasn't aware that the GOP had started a special committee to look into these false allegations. I didn't think they would be doing it while an active DOJ/FBI investigation is ongoing. The Senate Committee that this fell out of was the Confirmation Hearing for Kavanaugh. He's confirmed, that's over.

If I've got my wire crossed, please point me in the right direction. Tanks!

There is no special committee.  Grassley is chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, which held the hearings.

Which DOJ/FBI investigation do you mean?  The referrals have nothing to do with Mueller's investigation.

What does the hearing being over have to do with not potentially prosecuting people for making false allegations?

Brad Sallows said:
There is no special committee.  Grassley is chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, which held the hearings.

Which DOJ/FBI investigation do you mean?  The referrals have nothing to do with Mueller's investigation.

What does the hearing being over have to do with not potentially prosecuting people for making false allegations?

Okay. If you say so. I'll try digest your reply later, it's just not making sense to me right now, especially how you got Mueller involved.

Back