• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

just wondering - Want to Join

B

biggame

whats up everyone,
well, i don‘t know where to begin, but here it goes. I‘m 16 and still in high-school, grade 11 actually. I do well in school and was planning on going to university and everything. I don‘t know what it is, but lately I‘ve had these feeling, almost like urges to join the army or air force or something similar to it. I feel like I‘m looking for what it is I‘m meant to do in life, but I‘m not quite sure what that is. I don‘t really know when is the best time to start, how long recruitment is, or how long I plan on spending in the army if I were to join; but I do know that I want to give something back to country and life that has given me as much as it has. Basically, I‘m torn as to whether continue on with school, or join the army. I know I could do both, but I might miss out on some great opportunity in school, or with the forces for that matter. If someone could just give me some information, basic but useful information, about what recruitment requires, what it is like while in recruiting (difficulties and successes), length, and what to expect when there that would be great. Any personal feelings or expereinces might be helpful if you want to include them. Thanks for listening

A good place to start would be your local CFRC (Canadian Forces Recruiting Centre). You can find them in the phone book under "Recruiting". They can outline all of the options available to you. You‘ve got the right attitude towards your education (very important) and service to your community/country (equally important)! If you were to join the reserves you can be eligible for a tuition subsidy while you are in school. Another option you might consider is RMC (the Royal Military College in Kingston, ON) where you can get a university degree paid for in exchange for a period of service in the Armed Forces. The best of both worlds, really.
Good luck!

I agree. talk to the local CFRC.

If you‘re interested in the Forces, I‘d suggest if its possible for you, try applying to the reserves when you‘re 17. There you‘ll get some military experience. After high school, go to civialian college, university, or even consider RMC. Get the education. Then consider the regular forces.
The Forces can provide an education too but civilian education and private sector experience can take you a long way if applied later in the Forces.

The military are looking for various technical and medical trades. The more education you have the better the opportunities both in and out of the Forces. Can‘t go wrong.

Back