• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

July 2009 BMQ

Congrats mack,

I believe there are about four or five of us going on that date. If you look through http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/86112.0.html you'll be able to see who else is going. Where you coming from? What date are you showing up in St. Jean? I'll be in on the 25th. See you there.

Hey Fuzzy.  Actually I live about 20 minutes from St. Jean so I will get someone to drive me to the base on the 26th.  I think I have to report there before 5:30PM so that's probably when I will show up.

July 6th BMQ, where my dawgs!?

Anyone else watching Stephen Colbert in Iraq?

I'm heading out for the July 6th course too.

What MOC are you going for?

I'm going into EO Tech, how about you? I have an Aunt who live in Point Claire, I'm trying to talk her into meeting me at the bus station and driving me to the departure point at Treudeau(sp?) I'd rather spend a few bucks on lunch with her then on the shuttle to the airport.

I'm going in as Artillery Soldier.  They're bringing you to the bus station and then you have to cross town and go to the Airport?  And then, go to the other side of town to St Jean?  Man, they're gonna have you go to all corners of the city for nothing.  I thought when they bus you in so you just go straight to the base from there.

I wish it were that easy, I bus to Montreal central station, shuttle to the airport, meet up with the other recruits there, and finally we all board another shuttle to St. Jean. But hey, what's a bit of travel time when you consider what I'm going to get out of it. The down side though to be at the airport on time to meet the shuttle at 1400h, I'll be leaving North Bay at 0200h :( It's only 8 hrs away.

That's gonna be a long day of travel----well at least you'll have two full days to recover before the course starts on Monday.  I feel kinda guilty as I'm just gonna get a lift on Sunday and be there in about 20 min.  Well, I'm looking forward to meeting you at basic training-----I hope we get a good group of recruits in our platoon.

We may not all start as good recruits, but by the end we should all be good Pte's. I'm looking forward to the experience. :salute:

Going to BMQ on July 20th! (Edit: Forgot.. it's a french platoon :blotto:)

And yes, watching Stephen Colbert right now. Quite funny, great for the troops!

TopHatCat said:
What MOC are you going for?

Infantry, RCR, don't know which battalion yet. Have you received your info package yet?

freakerz said:
And yes, watching Stephen Colbert right now. Quite funny, great for the troops!

Can't believe Obama ordered him to shave his head! GOLDEN!

No I haven't received my package yet but I should get it soon as the recruiting office told me they were mailing last week.

Cool. Have you checked out the "Basic Up" documentary series online? If not, check it out and prep yourself for the next thirteen weeks.

http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/LF/english/1_10_8.asp?FlashEnabled=-1&

Keep it real,

thanks for the link pmath and by the way----are you starting July 27th too?

I suggest you check the french version of Basic Up too, it seems to be more "realistic" than the english version. It gives a better understanding of what you do each week... for example, there's no circuit until the week 4 (didn't notice that in the english version)

freakerz said:
I suggest you check the french version of Basic Up too, it seems to be more "realistic" than the english version. It gives a better understanding of what you do each week... for example, there's no circuit until the week 4 (didn't notice that in the english version)

Yeah it seems to be a bit better, less socializing, more core stuff.

Mack, I'm starting July 6th.

GO PENS GO

lutherd said:
I too will be on the July 6th intake. Anyone else from Vancouver Island?

Yup, i'm living in Duncan right now..yourself? Shoot me a PM we might be on the same flight  :nod:

pmath said:
Infantry, RCR, don't know which battalion yet. Have you received your info package yet?

Can't believe Obama ordered him to shave his head! GOLDEN!

Cool. I recieved my info package a while ago. I am also going for Infantry. PPCLI at the moment, but I have been thinking about it, and may end up switching to RCR.

Who knows, we might end up going on course together for the next while if everything goes well(or equally bad ;D) for both of us. 

Back