• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

JTF 2 is the best model for the CF‘s future

army

Inactive
Reaction score
Re: JTF 2 is the best model for the CF‘s future

Posted by Mark Bossi M.A Bossi, Esquire from Toronto Ontario Canada on November 12, 1998 at 00:05:33:

In Reply to: Re: JTF 2 is the best model for the CF‘s future posted by Tim St.Onge on November 10, 1998 at 16:02:45:

Sorry - I disagree.
In order to achieve the goal of having an elite, it is necessary to have a "farm/feeder system" to use a hockey analogy.
For the sake of argument, it might have been preferable to have retained the Airborne Regiment, and fulfilled the anti-terrorist task by standing up "5 Commando".
Carrying on with this theory, one would have been posted to 1, 2, or 3 Commando first - then, after a one or two year probation period, they would have been allowed to try out for 5 Cdo.
Of course, that‘s entirely too logical or practical, so it could never have happened.
As for the suggestion that the Canadian Army become just one entire JTF - "get a life".
There are more parts to the sword than just the pointy end - fact - period.
I do agree that JTF 2 is a welcome addition to the "starting lineup", just like a "power play" or "penalty-killing" line.
However, we still need the grinders and the checkers, and the entire farm team system, to ensure that we can maintain the highest quality at the pointiest end.
Dileas Gu Brath.

Re: JTF 2 is the best model for the CF‘s future

Posted by Mark Bossi M.A. Bossi, Esquire from Toronto Ontarario Canada on November 12, 1998 at 08:00:50:

In Reply to: Re: JTF 2 is the best model for the CF‘s future posted by Mark Bossi on November 12, 1998 at 00:05:33:

I was tired last night, and left out another thought on the concept of "converting the Canadian Army into one, big JTF 2 ..."

Take the Disaster Assistance Response Team DART as an example - good idea, but just too small to do much good in a large disaster - according to one rumour, an entire engineer brigade could have been employed in Central America cleaning up the devastation of Hurricane Mitch. Unfortunately, somebody made the decision to put together a small, specialized DART, rather than maintaining the ability to deploy, oh, let‘s see ... an entire Combat Engineer Regiment?
Going one step further, the idea of converting the entire CF into one, big JTF 2 would probably end up meaning that we would have an excellent Army, but too damned small to do anything, anywhere.
Of course, this is only my personal opinion and I‘m not reading the same comic books that somebody else is ... sigh, it was so nice when he wasn‘t around
Dileas.

Back