• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

John McCain passes away at 81

Senator John McCain will receive a full-fledged Washington send-off on Saturday as former Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama lead an invitation-only service at Washington National Cathedral.

• A motorcade carrying Mr. McCain’s coffin is scheduled to leave Capitol Hill around 8 a.m. and will stop along the way at the Vietnam Veterans Memorial, where Cindy McCain will lay a wreath in honor of her husband, a naval aviator who was held for five and a half years as a prisoner of war.

• The memorial service at the cathedral will begin at 10 a.m., featuring remarks by Mr. Bush and Mr. Obama as well as by Meghan McCain, one of his daughters; former Senator Joseph Lieberman, independent of Connecticut; and former Secretary of State Henry A. Kissinger. There will also be readings by Sidney McCain, another daughter; Jimmy McCain, one of his sons; and Senator Lindsey Graham, Republican of South Carolina.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/01/us/politics/john-mccain-funeral-updates-coverage.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

This topic had to be moderated on Lightfighter due to decorum. I don't like to talk ill of the dead but I think he is due some respect due to his long service to his community and nation I break this rule when talking about Custer and maybe MacArthur. No one is perfect but their screwups are worth learning from.Back on topic. At least the pall bearers had it right. Several were from the Navy but I think it should be an all Navy show he was a 4 striper and a ring knocker.   

The service can be seen online. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/video/live-news-coverage-from-cbs-news/ar-BBmYvYY?appwebview=true&ocid=spartanntp

Listening to former Presidents Bush and Obama speak makes one feel sorrow at who currently inhabits the oval office.

Edited to remove personal attack.

Back