• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

IRISH UNIFORM WORLD WAR 2

garry mills

Inactive
Reaction score
MY FATHER PASSED AWAY APROX 7YRS AGO HE SERVED IN THE IRISH REGIMENT OF CANADA 9 PLATOON A COY 1ST BATT CASF CAMP BORDEN ROYAL CANADIAN ARMY SERVICE CORPS I HAVE A NUMBER OF PICTURES OF HIM AND AM TRACING MY FAMILY HISTORY (MY GREAT GRAND FATHER FOUGHT IN THE FENIAN RAIDS AND I HAVE HIS MEDAL ALSO) I AM PUTTING TOGETHER FOR MY THREE CHILDREN SHADOW BOXES WITH MEDALS  UNIFORMS ETC FROM WORLD WAR 2 OF THINGS TO REMIND THEM OF THE EVENT AND OF THEIR GRAND FATHER THIS IS WERE I NEED HELP I HAVE A GOOD KNOWLEDGE OF SOME MILITARY HISTORY HAVING SERVED IN THE RCR AND THEN THE 48TH HICHLANDERS FOR A NUMBER OF YEARS ANY WAY MY FATHER WAS ATTACHED TO THE ROYAL MILITARY POLICE I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE COLOURS IN THE ARM BAND THE COLOURS IN THE YEARS OF SERVICE STRIPS LOOKS LIKE 2 COLOURS HE HAS A CIRCULAR BADGE ABOVE THE YEARS OF SERVICE STRIPES AND WORE A LANYARD ON HIS LEFT SHOULDER WHICH I BELEIVE HELD A WHISTLE NEED THE COLOUR OF THE LANYARD                              AND LAST MY SON IS GETTING MARRIED IN AUGUST AND IN REMBERENCE OF HIS GRAND FATHER IS GOING TO WEAR HIS REGIMENTAL KILT SAFRON I AM LOOKING FOR A BELT BUCKLE AND COLLAR DOGS FOR THE BOXES IVE BEEN TRYING EVERY WERE TO FIND SOME IF ANYBODY HAS SUGESTIONS (WILL PAY)THANKYOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR FEED BACK

GARY, GARY...

Caps lock mean yer shouting brother.  It's me Tess from the regiment.  You doing that reminds me of myself after a Friday night Parade in the mess!!

We have Armoured and Airforce folk on here.  You keep that up and they will all fall on their side, with their legs and arms sticking out stiff, drooling with blank stares!

Now, take a breather.  Remove the caps lock.  Use proper sentences with periods and Capitals, and all will be well.

dileas

tess

TESS SORRY FOR SHOUTING IM OLD SCHOOLED CANT SPELL OR WRITE WITH A DARN AND THE LAST TWO MONTHS ARE THE LONGEST IVE SPENT ON A COMPUTER ANY WAY IF YOURE ATTACHED WITH THE 48TH TORONTO SAY HI TO PETER ROSS, AND BUD GILLIELS FROM AND OLD FRIEND THANKS GARRY LONDON

garry mills said:
"ROYAL CANADIAN ARMY SERVICE CORPS"
"NEED THE COLOUR OF THE LANYARD"                             

Is it the RCASC lanyard you are asking about?
If so, it was blue, white and gold.

Garry, you are still shouting.

But to try and answer your question:

The Irish Regiment of Canada wore dark green lanyards and the Canadian Provost Corp wore red ones.

For the Good Conduct and Service Chevrons: One years service before Sept 39 was White (maybe gray, hard to tell from the picture). After Sept 39 the chevrons were red. As for the circular badge; the only badge I can think of would be Warrant Officers insignia.

The reference book I got the info from is "From D-Day to VE-Day The Canadian Soldier" by Jean Bouchery, an excellent reference book. 

garry mills said:
HE SERVED IN THE IRISH REGIMENT OF CANADA 9 PLATOON A COY 1ST BATT CASF CAMP BORDEN ROYAL CANADIAN ARMY SERVICE CORPS

ANY WAY MY FATHER WAS ATTACHED TO THE ROYAL MILITARY POLICE

I suspect that he would have been in only one unit at a time.  My father joined The Calgary Highlanders, served in at least one of each of a Field Artillery Battery, a Coastal Battery, and a Searchlight Battery before reverting to infantry with The South Saskatchewan Regiment then being assigned to the Loyal Edmonton Regiment after the war ended.  His shortest length of service was likely with his first regiment.

I blew up the uniform picture of my father and the circle patch is defiantly a solid dark colour maybe red or dark blue .  The lanyard is a light colour .  And thanks for the information on the uniform book ill be looking for it garry.

garry mills said:
I blew up the uniform picture of my father and the circle patch is defiantly a solid dark colour maybe red or dark blue .  The lanyard is a light colour .  And thanks for the information on the uniform book ill be looking for it garry.

It sounds like we can rule out Service Corps. Good luck, Gary!
http://www.armycadethistory.com/Cadet%20Corps%20DB/Badges/RCASC1.jpg

Back