• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

IR vs Restriced posting for service couple

SeaGully

Inactive
Reaction score
*EDITED FOR CLARITY*

I am looking for information regarding Service couples and IR vs Restricted postings.
I have searched through pubs but am not fully understanding it. I would appreciate it if someone can explain it to me in laymen's terms.

Here is our scenario: we are a reg-force service couple (common-law) and are currently located in the same geographical area.
I have gone through a selection process in order to be posted to a new unit out of province most likely being posted in the next two months.
we can not be posted together as there are no positions for his trade inland. that's the reality of a hard sea trade....BOOO!
my intention is to move to the new unit without my spouse or HG&E until which time we can be reunited at my new posting (he still has to work and we would still be renting our apartment until June 2015) so we are talking about 10-12 months before he is able to move to my location.
I would live in the shacks till then.
My spouse is listed as my dependent. if he takes the route of VR (not finishing the contract) we understand that he wouldn't be entitled to a move himself, but because he is listed as my dependent would we still qualify for a move of DHG&E because of me?

would we qualify for IR or Restricted in this case? and when would I apply or request it? is there a form or is it a memo through COC?

hope this post makes sense..please help us know what our options are and if this plan is a viable option.
i thank you for your time.

SeaGully said:
Hello y'all,
before ye judge, i have searched through publications however i need it in laymans terms.
here's the 411: service couple (CL-reg) different trades, one requested/selected for a new posting (member A), the other (member B) has to remain behind (no avail positions for their trade/rank  in same location cm's wont even entertain the idea which is understandable)

so my questions are as follows: can member A request IR or would it be Restricted posting? member a intends to live in the shacks until they can be reuinted with d-hg&e. member B is listed as a dependant of member A and member A would request hg&e remain with member B at original location because you know, he still has to work and live and all (member a would still be paying for costs at primary residence).HOWEVER, member A and B plan to reunite in member A's new posting location after roughly 8 months .
being that member B is still a dependant of member a, would they be entitled to move benefits once they reunited at the new location?

another scenario, if member b was to release (not entitled to benefits because of break of contract) would they still be able to move under member a's benefits because they are still considered member a's dependant?
is this even possible?

thanks in advance for reading this and taking the time to seriously and helpfully answer it.

Hdwoy

I sosppue  you cluod mkae yuor qesuiton a lttlie esaeir to raed, so toshe mebemrs who may hvae yuor aswnres wluod konw waht eactlxy you wree akinsg.

Taht wluod hvae been ncie.

Back