• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Interview parameters

Draius

Reaction score
Hi All ,

If anyone can guide , I just want to understand what are the paraments on which they judge the candidates during interview in recruitment center. First of all I am being surprised as they send me an interview call after telling me that My security clearance might take 1.5 to 2 years. I have given a lot of interview related to my field and know what are the points and parameters we judge a candidate before declaring him/her pass or fail .
I asked recruiter and she said I will be interviewed by recruiter who seems not experts in the domains I have applied , So please guide me what they are looking for in interview.

Thanks and Regards
Driaus

I may be wrong, as I've never been a recruiter, but my impression is that the interview is less about specifics for a particular occupation and more of an overall "vibe" check. Essentially to ensure that you are who you say you are, and to see if there are any obvious red flags.

Suitability for an occupation is determined by the CFAT score, and the education requirements for the occupation. That's why the CFAT is being dropped for some occupations if you already have a university degree.

I may be wrong, as I've never been a recruiter, but my impression is that the interview is less about specifics for a particular occupation and more of an overall "vibe" check. Essentially to ensure that you are who you say you are, and to see if there are any obvious red flags.

Suitability for an occupation is determined by the CFAT score, and the education requirements for the occupation. That's why the CFAT is being dropped for some occupations if you already have a university degree.
They told me about my CFAT score and said I am competitive for my first two priorities , as the interview is in the recruitment center and as per recruiter , the interview will be taken by another recruiter , Not sure about the interview whether it will be general interview or domain specific interview .

Last edited:
Its a job interview. Do you understand what the job you applied is? Do you understand that the job is not kicking in doors and shooting bad guys on a daily basis, regardless of what the trade is?
Again I can't stress this enough - it's a job interview. Same as applying for any other job.

Its a job interview. Do you understand what the job you applied is? Do you understand that the job is not kicking in doors and shooting bad guys on a daily basis, regardless of what the trade is?
Again I can't stress this enough - it's a job interview. Same as applying for any other job.
yes I joined the info sessions so have a an idea and some general knowledge about the domains and the domains I applied for are non combat arms , my concern was only what should I prepare in case it general type interview with emphasis on myself and my background or trade related questions .

Last edited:
How would you prepare for any other job interview? Its just a job interview - not rocket science.
Not sure what you mean by the domains you applied for are not arms - do you mean not combat arms? Doesn't matter. everyone is a soldier first, their job second. You will be trained to shoot a weapon, you will be trained to march, you will be trained on lots of soldier skills throughout your career.
If we give you the answers to the job interview (and mine was 16 years ago, so it likely is not the same questions even if I remembered them!) then it is not a real job interview. Just answer openly and honestly and to the best of your ability.

How would you prepare for any other job interview? Its just a job interview - not rocket science.
Not sure what you mean by the domains you applied for are not arms - do you mean not combat arms? Doesn't matter. everyone is a soldier first, their job second. You will be trained to shoot a weapon, you will be trained to march, you will be trained on lots of soldier skills throughout your career.
If we give you the answers to the job interview (and mine was 16 years ago, so it likely is not the same questions even if I remembered them!) then it is not a real job interview. Just answer openly and honestly and to the best of your ability.
By non arms I meant non combat arms and you are absolutely right everyone is soldier first , my question was more to know the direction and emphasis of interview . The way i prepare for my civilian job interview was to go through the technical literature related to my job , my day to day activities and details about my previous experiences . I am not asking for the specifications of the interview as it changes from person to person (interviewer) . I was just looking for emphasis so that i will prepare bit more in that direction .

By non arms I meant non combat arms and you are absolutely right everyone is soldier first , my question was more to know the direction and emphasis of interview . The way i prepare for my civilian job interview was to go through the technical literature related to my job , my day to day activities and details about my previous experiences . I am not asking for the specifications of the interview as it changes from person to person (interviewer) . I was just looking for emphasis so that i will prepare bit more in that direction .

With rare exceptions (already trained, licensed and experienced types who can/will start on day one with no further prep such as doctors, lawyers, etc) interviews do not delve into what preparations you have for a specific military occupation because the military usually hires untrained and inexperienced persons and turns them into trained and experienced soldiers, sailors and birdpeople who may also be engineers, pilots, ship drivers, mechanics, police, clerks and storesmen. If it's an occupation that may require a specific educational background, such as an engineer, then the diploma is the proof that you meet the minimum requirement. Could the interviewer ask technical questions about your profession, possibly, because she could also be of that occupation. Recruiters are not an occupation onto itself; they are soldiers of many occupations who are posted into the metier as (in army speak) "ERE" (extra-regimentally employed).

With rare exceptions (already trained, licensed and experienced types who can/will start on day one with no further prep such as doctors, lawyers, etc) interviews do not delve into what preparations you have for a specific military occupation because the military usually hires untrained and inexperienced persons and turns them into trained and experienced soldiers, sailors and birdpeople who may also be engineers, pilots, ship drivers, mechanics, police, clerks and storesmen. If it's an occupation that may require a specific educational background, such as an engineer, then the diploma is the proof that you meet the minimum requirement. Could the interviewer ask technical questions about your profession, possibly, because she could also be of that occupation. Recruiters are not an occupation onto itself; they are soldiers of many occupations who are posted into the metier as (in army speak) "ERE" (extra-regimentally employed).
Thanks for the response and it makes sense

Back