• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Interested in starting a career as a Comm Research operator at 32 years of age.

TheNewt

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello,

My first post, so please, if I have made any errors, let me know.

I am 32 years of age and looking for a change in direction - a career that will bring me job satisfaction with an organization that I can be proud of. I am tired of wasting my talents with the only reward being a paycheque.. I have come to realize that money means nothing if it is not surpassed by happiness and satisfaction with life: In turn, this has lead me to the Canadian Forces as a potential employer.

I have already done my cfat and scored well enough to qualify for all NCM and Officer trades, so was quite happy about that.(A thanks to all for all the help that this site has provided.) - I am just awaiting April with hopes that this trade will open.

I come then to the question of my age.

I am not so much worried about the physical aspect of the forces, as I keep quite fit and have been slowly increasing my endurance, strength and fitness levels already exceeding the minimums by large margins.

My question then comes down to what sort of a career could I have as a Comm Research Operator starting at the age of 32, 33-34+ before I would even be qualified for my MOC of choice?

From what I can see, this trade is right up my ally of what I enjoy doing and how I see and think. so I am looking to make a long term go of this, not just a short stay.

What are the ages for average Comm Research Operators? any into their mid to late 40s? Eventually I would love to get my degree.. Whether I wish to become an officer, I will decide when that time comes.

Does age become a factor for deployment? I know the first X number of years are spent at Leitrim which puts me into my late 30s before I have paid my dues. I would still love to be deployed during my career, see this wonderful Country and world, even if the things that I would be seeing aren't the nicest that humanity sometimes has to offer.

Apologies if any errors were made in this first posting.

Thank you in advance

Christopher (TheNewt)

**Edited for typo.

There's not much field work involved in the 291 trade, I wouldn't worry about starting at age 32. You'll be about 35/36 before you're qualified, however, but can work right up until CRA.

Back