• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Info on Albert Phillip Clowery died in Holland on April 17, 1945 ****URGENT*****

V

video20

Hi,

I'm making a research on a dead soldier.  His name is Albert Phillip Clowery, son of William and Delia Clowery.  He died in 17/04/1945 in Holland. He is now buried in Holten, in Holland.  His I.D. is D106718.  He was in Algonquin Regiment.  I have to knows where he studied, what kind of job he had before the war... Everything about his life.

Thank you so much.

Nick

All I can submit is that according to his service number (D106718), he enlisted in the 2nd Division Petrol Company, Royal Canadian Army Service Corps in Military District Number 4. My source is Regimental Numbers of the Canadian Army by Clive M. Law. published by Service Publications.

oh thats cool i will have to look at my great grandpas number because he was the RSM of that regiment near the end of the war.

Old Sweat said:
All I can submit is that according to his service number (D106718), he enlisted in the 2nd Division Petrol Company, Royal Canadian Army Service Corps in Military District Number 4. My source is Regimental Numbers of the Canadian Army by Clive M. Law. published by Service Publications.

Hi Ole Sweat: :)

In reference to the Regs # you have on your letter its just a few numbers from one i have .

Yes I enlisted in the same place you had said & the same Division  & same unit but & in the Military District you say it was Called D.D.4 Yes it was in June1940 @ a place called Place Viger .

What is it you want to know & yes i also served in Holland & seen a lot of my friends Die there But not in the same unit i had joined up in as a lot of us were transfered around .

just after i had joined in DD4 i was detailed for Special duty etc. This is what slim wants to know if he reads this .

Now i am disabeled so i just spend a little time on the Computer .

if i can help with some background history i will Yes i know there has been a lot that nonbody has written about . But i will try to help without breaking the Rules of Combat etc.

" Lady From Hell" :army: :cdn:

Dear Lady from Heck

Thanks for your information. I was responding to a request from a guest on this means who was looking for information about a soldier.

Good luck

From "Warpath" The Story of the Algonquin Regiment 1939-1945
Nominal Roll:
Clowery, A.P
Rank; Pte
D106718
Taken on Strength....16 November 1944.
Stricken Off Strength....17 March 1945
Died of Wounds
It seems he was wounded after "OP BLOCKBUSTER" and be for the Regt's reconsitution later that month.
I'll see if I can find anything else.....

Back