• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Iltis Replacement

L

Linc

Well it looks like the Mercedes G-Wagen will win the LUVW replacement contract by default. But so far everything I‘ve heard about the vehicle has been good, its even won the USMC Interim Fast Attack Vehicle contract. From what I can tell, the only difference between the Merc and the American HMMVW is that the HMMVW is a lot heavier and almost 2 feet wider, but has similar performance. Where‘s the catch? Does anyone know of any of the G-Wagen‘s drawbacks?

Anyone know a link to where I could see a pic of this "G-Wagen"

Andrew :cdn: :bullet:

Here‘s a link to the military version of the G-Wagen:

http://4wd.sofcom.com/Peugeot/P4.html

Also has a picture, but I‘m not sure what year the vehicles are in it so perhaps the design may be changed slighty, I really am not sure.

That picture reinforces my belief that European trucks aren‘t the best looking things in the world, lol! (Don‘t worry, I know looks mean nothing when it comes to vehicle quality....)

I put a bunch of pics of the Dutchs‘ Gwagons in the photo album last year. Check it out under "Vehicles", yes I took the pics myself.
RightSide.jpg

FrontConsole.jpg

Engine.jpg

Back.jpg

I dunno about it. I just had to see that little mercedies symbol and think $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ on repairs(when they do happen) unless the army can some how get some great deal. Don‘t know how though. Wouldn‘t it be a wiser idea to by something local. Say from AMC that repairs wouldn‘t be bad to pay for but might happen alittle more often.
And plus to get those G-Wagens over here would probably cost an arm and a leg too would it not???
People would probably love to hear them say aswell that the military is helping the NA economy by buying from around here and not going to european countries.
Didn‘t mean to open a closed thread already if there used to be one about this.

Andrew :bullet: :cdn: :bullet:

Back