• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

IECS Jacket repairs

• Thread starter Thread starter cameron_highlander
  • Start date Start date
C

cameron_highlander

This has probably been answered somewhere, but I'll ask anyways. I got issued my IECS (or whatever It's called now) jacket last week and I has discovered two rips in it (not huge mind you, but noticable) one right below the left cuff and one on the right-front shoulder. Now, I guess I should have checked it over a bit better than I did at stores (ahh yes, good old Clothing Stores at NDHQ, all the broken kit you need), but I really don't feel like going through the early morning torture of having to go down there again anytime soon (only open one day of the week for Gortex gear, so very helpful). So, is there a CF gortex repair kit I can get out there, or any other way to fix these rips, or should I just go down and get a new one (I have to go back for my CWW boots eventually, but not anytime soon)? They aren't a huge deal, but it looks bad and probably effects the efficiency of the gear in some way.

If the rips are just in the outer shell, just sew them up. Don't pierce the gortex inner. If it's all the way through, get it replaced.

Back