• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How much of Christmas break do we get? I wanted to plan a vacation to go see Christmas in UK during leave.

hb-AH1Z

Reaction score
I am a newly enrolled recruit and really excited to start this new chapter of my life! I realized that i will feel like i am under house arrest with nothing to do when i come back from basic training. My parents will be gone to India and I also wanted to go travel around London, UK.

My basic training starts on October 7 and ends on December 9. I dont know what will happen after that. December 10 seems too soon for the Christmas break and too late to do enough of my technical training (21 weeks in Gagetown, NB). Does anyone know how much Christmas break we get so i can plan my vacation well? If someone can give me specific dates for start and end of the special leave (i think), that would be perfect.

You won't be able to submit a leave pass for Christmas until you get to Gagetown or whatever your next base after BMQ ends up being. You may or may not ave earned enough l4ave days between 7 Oct 24 and when you get to Gagetown to travel internationally. Christmas block leave is different on every base, in Petawawa it is 14 Dec 24 to 5 Jan 25

Back