• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How do YOU put your pants on?

Well?

• Zipper, then button.

Votes: 14 18.4%
  • Do up the button, then zip.

Votes: 44 57.9%
  • Button fly pants, no zipper.

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Sweatpants. Don't use either.

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Hot hip huggers, no top button (Paracowboy)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pants? I don't need no stinking pants.

Votes: 15 19.7%

• Total voters

Baloo

Reaction score
The question came up at a recent...uhm...social gathering of the non-alcoholic nature  ;) ...and, it caused some thinking.

After you [insert own witty comment], how do you get your pants on?

Well?

Button then zipper would be my choice.

One leg at a time and then the button. And then about 15 minutes later when I am halfway to wherever I was going, I remember the zipper. Every time this happens I could have sworn I did it up when I put my pants on.

Left leg, then right leg, then button, then zipper (if I remember).

Pte. Gaisford said:
One leg at a time and then the button. And then about 15 minutes later when I am halfway to wherever I was going, I remember the zipper. Every time this happens I could have sworn I did it up when I put my pants on.

That's why you guys need kilts.  ;D That plus, when its about 33 degrees here in the Peg, there's nothing quite like that cool breeze.

I got to agree with the kilt. it would be so much nicer. but putting on your pants, right leg, left leg, button, zipper.

Left leg, right leg, button, zipper(if remembered.....so normally skip this one ;)).

It really depends on what I'm doing for the day. To figure out how to put my pants for the day, I ask myself a few questions:

1) Am I going to leave my house (sometimes property)

If "Yes" to above question I put on pants/shorts/muumuu/toga/bedsheet/clothes of some sort over legs (I goto question 3).
If "No"  I goto question "2)"

2) Am I having company over?

If "Yes", I put on pant/shorts/other socially acceptable clothing depending on occasion.
If "No" then I don't bother getting dressed.

3) If I answer "Yes" to question "1)" then I choose:

1) Errands= Sweat pants (one leg then the other in no particular order and pull up)
2) Warm weather= Shorts (same as sweat pants)
3) Casual social engagement= Jeans or Khakis, if warm weather, shorts (one leg then the other in no particular order, pull up, button and zipper order are random)
4) Special occasion= dress pants (same as jeans)

This may seem complicated, but these questions are asked and answered in seconds sub-consciously.

van Gemeren said:
It really depends on what I'm doing for the day. To figure out how to put my pants for the day, I ask myself a few questions:

1) Am I going to leave my house (sometimes property)

If "Yes" to above question I put on pants/shorts/muumuu/toga/bedsheet/clothes of some sort over legs (I goto question 3).
If "No"  I goto question "2)"

2) Am I having company over?

If "Yes", I put on pant/shorts/other socially acceptable clothing depending on occasion.
If "No" then I don't bother getting dressed.

3) If I answer "Yes" to question "1)" then I choose:

1) Errands= Sweat pants (one leg then the other in no particular order and pull up)
2) Warm weather= Shorts (same as sweat pants)
3) Casual social engagement= Jeans or Khakis, if warm weather, shorts (one leg then the other in no particular order, pull up, button and zipper order are random)
4) Special occasion= dress pants (same as jeans)

This may seem complicated, but these questions are asked and answered in seconds sub-consciously.

you must be a programmer  ::)

Left leg, right leg, zipper, then button.

I guess I am backwards from everyone else. Everyone seems to do the button up first. But I have always been a little different then most.  And I believe it is a good thing. :D

Yeah, I know, it's Radio Chatter. It's the forum for off topic stuff, etc, but (sigh) this thread is just stupid and a waste.

Unless of course the object of your research is to read it backwards and determine the easiest way to get our pants off.

I've met three year old children that ask much more complicated and pertinent questions than this. You should really get out and experience the world a little more.

recceguy said:
Unless of course the object of your research is to read it backwards and determine the easiest way to get our pants off.

I'm just waiting for the $10,000 research grant from the government. :blotto:

recceguy said:
...You should really get out and experience the world a little more.

Then I would have to put pants on  :blotto:

recceguy said:
Yeah, I know, it's Radio Chatter. It's the forum for off topic stuff, etc, but (sigh) this thread is just stupid and a waste. ...

I could care less if this thread was canned. What I would like to know is, what expectations do the Mods/Owner have in regards to content in Radio Chatter? 

Right Leg, Left Leg, Button, Button, Zipper, Belt....

As I am a girl my pant apparently have to have two buttons? ??? And because pants are always to big for me (the main reason my friends think I'm anorexic..nice friends eh?) I have to wear a belt?!?...And yes I am backwards I put my right leg in first!?!

recceguy said:
Yeah, I know, it's Radio Chatter. It's the forum for off topic stuff, etc, but (sigh) this thread is just stupid and a waste.

I've met three year old children that ask much more complicated and pertinent questions than this. You should really get out and experience the world a little more.

Hey, hey now. I can bet money, that in all your years, you have heard more stupid questions, or opinions than those displayed here. And besides, why does it matter if a question is pertinent? I don't think life experience has anything to do with that. I wasn't aware that Radio Chatter conversations were indicative of anything more than letting loose, esppecially when compared to the rest of the site, and like life in general. Don't be stupid or express uninformed thoughts in the regular threads about deployments, actions on, or military matters, that's a given, but there are times and a place for such comments...so here we find this. If it really is such a waste, then I won't lose any sleep over it being taken down. It was just lightening the mood.

Back