• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How A British Adventurer Ran 90 Barefoot Marathons

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Dinosaur
Reaction score
How's your COVID fitness program going? :)

How A British Adventurer Ran 90 Barefoot Marathons — And How She’s Tackling The COVID Lockdown

When I first heard that Anna McNuff was planning to run 100 marathons across Britain in her bare feet, I was utterly dumbfounded.

To be clear, that’s a stretch of around 2,600 miles, living out of a duffel bag and holding talks with young girls along the way.

How, I asked myself, was that even possible? For some of us, running barefoot around the garden is a challenge.

Perhaps even more surprising was that McNuff–an ambassador for the U.K. charity Girlguiding who’d already biked through 50 U.S. states, run the length of New Zealand and cycled along the spine of the Andes–was not superhuman.

As she regaled me with her journey to becoming a full-time adventurer, author and motivational speaker, British-born McNuff struck me as fun, down-to-earth and humble.

How A British Adventurer Ran 90 Barefoot Marathons — And How She’s Tackling The COVID Lockdown

Back