• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hesitation

Orange567

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just got my offer for the next BMOQ in August. I have a week to decide, but I'm still hesitating. It's a 6-years initial contract. As much as the army interests me, I also started a new job a couple months ago that I also really like and that I can see myself doing long term. If I decide to enroll, I want to me all in though. I have no family or friends in the CAF, so people tend to ask why on earth I want to do it. But, somehow, I'm attracted to it like a moth to a flame... Has any of you ever hesitated about enrolling or applying? What helped you choose? How to make the difference between a simple interest and something more?

Thanks!

Can you join the Reserves instead in a similar job and see if it's really what you want? That way, you can continue the job you like as well as see if the CAF is for you.

Can you join the Reserves instead in a similar job and see if it's really what you want? That way, you can continue the job you like as well as see if the CAF is for you.
Well, I can always ask them, but from what I understand I would need to do the whole process again to specifically apply for the Reserve. And of course, there's no certainty that the job is available close to me either.

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it.

Depending on your trade and element, the reserves may have a billet for you, but that's really the only way to gage without 100% commitment When I first enrolled, I need a job, and I did it as PRes because I wanted to finish my degree before I did anything else.

I would suggest talking to other in the same trade if you know anyone, and looking at the potential future of both occupations to help you decide. Which one excites you more? Which one makes you sad when you consider leaving it behind? Change can be hard, and risk can be scary, but it often pays off in the long run.

Good luck with your decision :)

Back