• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Helmet Camera

Spooks

Inactive
Reaction score
Does anyone happen to know where in the City of Edmonton I can find a helmet camera. I'm looking for it to be small yet not sacrifice video imaging quality. Durable is a must, waterproof is a bonus. Color image in NTSC mode.

Now it can be a seperate unit which can plug into the external video in on a camera, via S-Video or RCA, either or, or a whole recording unit. If anyone knows of a place for the former, do you also know of a good make and model for a camera with an external video input. The seperate helmet camera would be preferable because then I could take the recording unit and film normally. I prefer Sony units for stand alone as I have had a lot of luck with their normal units being completely trashed, (accidentally) submerged in sea water, dropped, banged, etc and still came back.

I am trying to find one so we can film a little more for our unit's next video. We have good coverage right now but 1st person OBUA and Static/Freefall would be cool and also bombing around in some of the LUVWs with shots from the .50 Turrets. Any help would be awesome as per make, model, location to find and/or pricing.

Thanks,
Spooks

Somthing along these lines is your best bet...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=48629&item=5745187131&rd=1

Not Hollywood quality, but sufficient (The auction itself is for a 1/4" CCD, but they also manufacture board cameras  with 1/3" CCDs, which would be more effective in lower light conditions).

Ducttaped to the front of a helmet, run the wires down through the back of the shirt to prevent snagging, to a recorder of some sort (Small DV camera in a pocket is your best bet).

Don't expect much usable footage, helmet camera can provide extremely cool footage, but it can be disorienting to watch... be prepared to chop a lot of it...

the atlantic police and security website has a camera ment for helmets, if that helps. www.clicshop.com

Samsung currently makes a "sport cam" that sells at Future shop.. look for it..

Have you seen these ones?

http://www.helmetcamera.com/

I've got the Samsung sport camera and have used it in Iraq, it works Okay.  Really the only off the shelf digital package you can buy.

Back