• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Griffon Helicopters, INGRESS and Kandahar [Udate: Deployment officially announced!]

Garett said:
Honestly, its nice to see the Air Force in the game. Hopefully the pilots know what they're getting themselves into. 

Unfortunately, pilots dont get to choose what 'game' they can participate in even though many I knew were eager to be involved...

As silly as this may sound... Can someone who's driving those whirly birds PLEASE play Ride of The Valkeryie as they arrive on station in Afghanistan? I think it'll be a real morale booster.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Medtech,

I agree.......that would be awesome.

Kilgore: "We'll come in low out of the rising sun and about a mile out we'll put on the music."

Lance: "Music?"

Kilgore: Yah. I use Wagner.  It scares the hell out of the ********." 

MedTech said:
As silly as this may sound... Can someone who's driving those whirly birds PLEASE play Ride of The Valkeryie as they arrive on station in Afghanistan? I think it'll be a real morale booster.

That's my reserve squadron's march. We're cool like that.

Good for the Griffon guys, its a good task. Wish maybe they went with a forward firing gun though instead of in the door. Maybe put rockets on the other side and they'd have something similiar to the Kiowa Warrior (which is arguably more feared in TFA by the bad guys than the 64s and Cobras) but can carry a little more. Still........good to see them being pushed in.

I am sooo happy!  It means more work for me on the deployment, but I am so happy!  I am drinking tonight!

The media is referring to these as "attack helicopters" ?

When I think AH, I think of Cobra, Apache's and Havoc and Hinds, etc.

Strike,

You and Duey and Loachman and all the rest of you aviators, we do (did?) appreciate your efforts. Show us what you can do.

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Sweatie

This certainly explains why G2G has been conspicuously quiet on the subject.  ;D

MedTech said:

Looking to download it onto my iPod as we speak.  ;D

Eye In The Sky said:
The media is referring to these as "attack helicopters" ?

When I think AH, I think of Cobra, Apache's and Havoc and Hinds, etc.

I was thinking the same thing.  Using that line of reasoning, we could just slap a 16" gun on an MCDV and call it a battleship.   ;D

Garett said:
Honestly, its nice to see the Air Force in the game. Hopefully the pilots know what they're getting themselves into.

Hercs, C-17s flying in and out every days, Chinooks Pilots over there are we speak, FAC with troops on the ground, aren't they Air Force??

You know, when we fly these things in the canadian skies, we train for that kind of thing.  It's not just a game.

SupersonicMax said:
Hercs, C-17s flying in and out every days, Chinooks Pilots over there are we speak, FAC with troops on the ground, aren't they Air Force??

You know, when we fly these things in the canadian skies, we train for that kind of thing.  It's not just a game.

Hey!  What about the UAVs?  ;D *Runs and ducks for cover awaiting Loachman's volley of hate*

Strike said:
Hey!  What about the UAVs?

I refuse to believe that such evil machines exists :)  We will always NEED a pilot IN the aircraft right?....  Right???

SupersonicMax said:
I refuse to believe that such evil machines exists :)  We will always NEED a pilot IN the aircraft right?....  Right???

Mr Bill will be glad to serve as a pilot in the UAV squadron ;D , Just don't blame him for all the mishaps and splattered plastercine everywhere.

Cheers

Strike said:
Hey!  What about the UAVs?  ;D *Runs and ducks for cover awaiting Loachman's volley of hate*

Unless you had something to do with their acquisition of which I'm unaware, you have no need of running and ducking.

Besides, I don't hate them. They're not worthy of hate.

I despise them.

Any chance that you can see my old buddy Herm before you leave and tell him that I have to get in on this?

Back