• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Green died 1st October 1916

lizrp

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi

After years of searching I have now managed to find where my great uncle is buried.

He was born Charles Green on the 29th of June 1879 in Sholing Hampshire England UK to a George and Elizabeth Green.
On the 11th of November 1914 he joined the Canadian over seas expeditionary force and died on the 1st of October 1916 serving in the Canadian infantry 20th Bn.

If you have any information at all about either Charles or his battalian during the October of 1916 I would be very very greatful if you could contact me.

Many thanks for taking the time to read this.

Best wishes for the new year

Liz

Thank you for the link, it makes very interesting reading and just what I was looking for.

Never heard of him until I read this thread.

I`m experimenting with mapping Canadian WW1 Battlefields so Lt Green became my target for today.

See what I came up with at SECRET! on the Central Ontario Branch of the Western Front Website at www.cobwfa.ca - you can also checkout the Piper Richardson show at "The Chairman`s Puzzle at the link above".

I found his start line - targets as well as a Brit Army Brigade attack that happened right beside himn on the same day, and the 15 soldiers from his Bn that died with him that day. Pretty amazing stuff that anyone can do.

Enjoy! No more fun until may paper gets handed in.

Hi
Thanks all for your help, it's much appreciated.

I have had a look at the last link but any having trouble finding charles, can you help me out a bit.
Sorry  :)

Liz x

Hi Liz

Charles Green is the 7th person listed on the table here http://www.cobwfa.ca/battle_sites.htm#20th%20Bn%201%20Oct%201916

Back