• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Gone Are the Days of the NSCE?

Renegade8273

Inactive
Reaction score
So I'm not sure if this is true or not. I was discussing NSCE and asking a few questions about it yesterday, when a Captain from out West (BC?) said NSCE is no longer offered after the change in star levels and the curriculum. Does anyone have any more information about this? I can't seem to find it. Thanks

The NSCE was phased out as a result of the Cadet Program Update which standardized the program offering across the 3 elemental programs. There is however a system in place called the National Star of Excellence (NSE) which seeks to recognize army cadets whose performance and participation reflect the highest standards of the program.

No they just seem to take more of the "army" out of army cadets every year, and move more towards a generic cadets after school program.

The "army" was taken out of cadets years ago.  Who is going to teach the cadets about the "army" ?  The CIC ?  That organization lost the "army" when the BMI of a large percentage of the CIC tipped into the 40s.

A quick jaunt around Det Dundurn turns up a few regular force members who are in that boat. How could they ever teach anyone about anything?

Back