• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ft Drum Brigade Commander Fired

Here I was thinking they are a tad late......

ConcreteBattleship.jpg

What are you guys doing? Maybe we could learn a few things.

It's really nothing new. Americans have been firing colonels (and generals) ever since day one when Gen Washington had Charles Lee court martialed after Monmouth. We, on the other hand follow the Brit course of action which is more like: "Rupert's a good old chap. I'm sure he'll get it right the next time."

:giggle:

Nobody is as quick on firing a commander than the USN. I blame this on Vietnam and the zero mistakes coming down from on high. i camr from a command philosophy of allowing subordinates to learn from their mistakes. Now no matter how good you are then you are fired as an object lesson.

Here's a choice that faced a Lt COL. I knew. He was newly posted to Ft Lewis. The choice was fly to Cali on his own plane or remain at Lewis to assume temp command of the 9th Div Arty. H e chose to go on leave to Cali and he ran into another choice,wait out a bad storm or fly above the storm. H chose to fly. This second choice killed him and his family when his wings iced and he crashed near Redding, Cali.

Back