• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

From NCM to Officer.

Ifeneti

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi All,

I applied for the Med Tech position and I just obtained my diploma in practical nursing. I know that I would be an NCM when accepted but would love to know if there is an opportunity to upgrade to nursing officer using the paid university program after completing my training as a Med Tech? Thank you in advance for your responses.

Hi lfeneti,

The CAF offers many educational upgrading opportunities to its serving members.  In circumstances which you have described above, the opportunity to apply for the UTPNCM (University Training Plan -- Non-Commissioned Members) program could be an available option at some point in your career (ie; once you have reached the rank of Corporal - Substantive).

The minimum requirements to apply for Nursing under the UTPNCM program are:

1. two full university credit courses completed;
2. unconditional acceptance to an undergraduate degree programme in Nursing;
3. proven leadership/officer like qualities; and
4. other requirements as announced annually. Keep in mind that requirements change from year to year.

Canadian accredited programmes in Nursing leading to an undergraduate degree can be found here.

Back