• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

Welcome to Canada, where you still have to prove someone guilty not force them to prove innocence. You'll also note I mentioned only the non-restricted firearms because if they're not in the "bust", that picture looks a lot weaker.
Have y'all seen the ads by the GoC about gun control and how the GoC is protecting Canadians. This arrest played right into the government's hand. IF I were a tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist I'd say it was a set up to make the RCMP and the GoC look good to Torontonians. BTW Toronto had a targeted shooting yesterday. More fuel for the anti gun fire....

Peter MacKay and Vern White: What's happening in Ottawa is not freedom, it’s anarchy​

We are a free society that protects and embraces the right to assembly and of peaceful protest. But, after what we have seen in Ottawa and elsewhere over the past 18 days, and to some degree in the past few years at pipelines and rail lines, we are no longer a country that applies the rule of law without fear or prejudice.

1x AR-15 Restricted Rifle.
2x Lever Action Rifles (Non Restricted)
3x Bolt Action Rifles (Non Restricted)
4x BRN-180 semi auto rifles (used to be NR - not sure now)
1x Type 97 Chinese Bullpup rifle ( I don't know the status of that now)
1 x Criss .45ACP 'rifle' (restricted IIRC)
1 x 12ga Semi-Atuo Shotgun (Non Restricted)
1 x 1911 style .45ACP handgun w/ 2 magazines 7-8 rds - restricted
1 x Sig P226R type (might be Chinese clone) 9mm handgun with 10rd mag by it and 2 more on a belt - restricted
3 sets of Body Armor
Magazines and Ammunition - several of the AR magazines appear to be full 30 rd capacity (thus prohibited devices)

SO less than I have in my SUV on a daily basis ;)
What I always find funny about these 'Extremist' types is they carried all this weaponry, including plate carriers, modified magazines, etc. By all accounts they were ready to send it and came prepared to square up.....

Then when SHTF, they thankfully go down without a fight and still end up in prison. It makes me wonder? If you're going to go to all this trouble to seriously break the law, why go down without even a whimper?

It's like they all thought this was a game until they realized this isn't Call of Duty and there is no such thing as a respawn.

Yes, and like many firearms owners in Alberta, they have modified mags to once again accept 30 rds, if you think someone who ignores one firearms regulation isn't going to ignore others, I have real-estate in Florida to sell you.
I'd say that at least some of the firearms in the RCMP released photo were prohibited. The AR-15 for sure. Chances are many of the long gun magazines may be as well. The handguns are restricted at best and there's no way the owners were able to obtain an ATT to attend a protest, so they are there illegally.

What I always find funny about these 'Extremist' types is they carried all this weaponry, including plate carriers, modified magazines, etc. By all accounts they were ready to send it and came prepared to square up.....

Then when SHTF, they thankfully go down without a fight and still end up in prison. It makes me wonder? If you're going to go to all this trouble to seriously break the law, why go down without even a whimper?

It's like they all thought this was a game until they realized this isn't Call of Duty and there is no such thing as a respawn.

Most people just want to carry a gun... Very few actually can/want to squeez the trigger...

Have y'all seen the ads by the GoC about gun control and how the GoC is protecting Canadians. This arrest played right into the government's hand. IF I were a tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist I'd say it was a set up to make the RCMP and the GoC look good to Torontonians. BTW Toronto had a targeted shooting yesterday. More fuel for the anti gun fire....
Plenty of people here will latch on to that narrative.

Bad guys were stopped from doing bad things with guns yet the most pressing thing for some people is how oppressed they feel when a gun gets taken away from someone regardless of the intent or purpose.

A few things that some miss was the part where they obtained a warrant to raid the trailers and had credible information that these guys had violent intent up to and including violence against police.

But let’s argue about how those cops are somehow offending legal gun owners.

Plenty of people here will latch on to that narrative.

Bad guys were stopped from doing bad things with guns yet the most pressing thing for some people is how oppressed they feel when a gun gets taken away from someone regardless of the intent or purpose.

A few things that some miss was the part where they obtained a warrant to raid the trailers and had credible information that these guys had violent intent up to and including violence against police.

But let’s argue about how those cops are somehow offending legal gun owners.

I am 100% on side with your statement. I do not want bad guys to have guns.

What I also don't want is to be lumped in with these guys and have my leagally obtained property be confiscated and destroyed because of them. Our laws worked! Awesome. Why does that mean we need more restrictive laws ?

What I also don't want is to be lumped in with these guys and have my leagally obtained property be confiscated and destroyed because of them. Our laws worked! Awesome. Why does that mean we need more restrictive laws ?
TANGENT If you want to get really spun up about the anti-gun narrative, be sure to watch the sitting of the Standing Committee on Public Safety and National Security at 11:00 AM today. The Coalition for Gun Control and Polysesouvient are scheduled to make presentations in the second half. TANGENT ENDS

Agreed. My opinions on gun laws were changed because reasonable gun owners made their case to me. And legal gun owners should not be lumped in either.

But legal gun owners that try and defend, deflect and turn this event (and other events) into some sort of conspiracy planned by the local det with direction by a government cabal do themselves (not pointing to anyone here) no favours and don’t realize they are inadvertently lumping themselves in with those guys even if peripherally.

Another point, Alberta requires a permit for body armour. I wonder, if those carriers have real plates, if the owners have permits.

Interesting series of interviews with a number of convoy protestors about how their evangelical christian faith ties in with it;

For many inside the Freedom Convoy, faith fuels the resistance​

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/faith-convoy-truckers-1.6350538
This one gives some details about Coutts. I don’t know the author or what “The Line” is as far as reporting is concerned but she seemed to give a decent account. It seems to come to the same conclusion about faith being a driver.

As I mentioned before the Raid press release mentioned trailers, was that meaning a Mobile home type trailer - or a Tractor-Trailer
I've crossed at Coutts before - Mobile homes are fairly prevalent - and IF it was in a residence - all those firearms may be legal to be possessed there.
Are they legal while threatening people? Since you were able to clarify the details on the Mountie at the range maybe you should be reaching out to your sources you have to see why your comments on this situation are wrong- I can’t go into the details here on the forum. But I know you know you can look into this for clarity.

Maybe “could” is a better word than “should”. I mean that in a productive way. The speculation( and not from Kevin) is nuts in here.

Are they legal while threatening people? Since you were able to clarify the details on the Mountie at the range maybe you should be reaching out to your sources you have to see why your comments on this situation are wrong- I can’t go into the details here on the forum. But I know you know you can look into this for clarity.

Maybe “could” is a better word than “should”. I mean that in a productive way. The speculation( and not from Kevin) is nuts in here.
I already pointed out that in my opinion, --> anyone bringing a gun to a protest is already making a major error in judgement. Absolutely nothing good will occur with that COA. Regardless if the firearms are lawful to possess or not.

It is now clear that none of the trailers raided was someone's permanent residence - thus the restricted firearms are highly unlikely to be in the location authorized - nor is anyone going to be able to claim they where "simply on the way to their range and back".
My point in my previous comments had simply been pointing out there could have been some lawful rational for the firearms - and we didn't have enough info at that point.

I'm also a tie go the runner sort of guy when it comes to LE, frankly IF I was running the raid, people would probably have had a lot more complaints.
With threats to LE made (allegedly) it really ups the response, and people who play stupid games, end up with stupid prizes ;)

I'm also a deal with things at the lowest level guy- I'm irritated that any of this got that far.

Back