• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

I'm not sure what your point is, she has been pretty open about her support for them all along...

Are politicians not allowed to pose for pictures to score political points with their base anymore? That may prove problematic for some...

More importantly though, one side acting dumb is hardly an excuse for the other to act just as dumb. Politicians like stoking the fire because they think in terms of winning the next election, not what impact this might have on Canada in 10 years. Canadians should be demanding more from them, not playing mini versions of the same "gotcha" political games.

The thing is that it’s not just about limiting/preventing transmission but also about reducing the severity of the illness, which the vaccines are good at. This is what keeps the hospitalization rates low.
Why stop at coercing vaccines? Ban smoking. 48,000 Canadians are estimated to die every year of smoking related causes. If you're counting, that's 1.25 COVID-19s every year (2 years and counting of 2 weeks to flatten the curve). What about alcohol? 15,000 deaths per year. 50% of COVID every year.

Maybe the inconvenient truth is the sacred cow of Single Payer healthcare in Canada has created a system wholly unable to handle any sort of serious respiratory virus. We love to demonize the "unvaccinated" but if our real issue is hospital capacity we've done SFA to increase it with $300+ Billion CAD in the last 2 years and no long term plan to fix it.

Are politicians not allowed to pose for pictures to score political points with their base anymore? That may prove problematic for some...

Support of protestors means support for allegedly trying to light an apartment building on fire and supporting nazi flags. Can’t you see it’s a package deal?

Duh.

I'm not sure what your point is, she has been pretty open about her support for them all along...

More importantly though, one side acting dumb is hardly an excuse for the other to act just as dumb. Politicians like stoking the fire because they think in terms of winning the next election, not what impact this might have on Canada in 10 years. Canadians should be demanding more from them, not playing mini versions of the same "gotcha" political games.
I'll make sure to write a strongly worded letter to all politicans demanding better.

OK. I go out of my way to avoid engaging with you.

Today, you posted that as a fact - from 2017. Not an opinion.

I replied with a fact - also from 2017. Not an opinion.

Tell me what about my statement isn't true. All four Presidents made the promise. Clinton, Bush and Obama broke that promise. Trump made the promise and kept it.

That is fact.
Reasons why they reneged and broke their promise and Trump didn't, or how many people polled liked it or not. You brought that in, because you had nothing to refute my fact.

Your 'facts' pertain to a single poll, from a magazine.

That is an opinion. Pure speculation.
For every poll you can pull up, to favour you, another against can be found

But that's what you do. When you want to centre someone out, for whatever reason, you search for polls and opinions to favour your stance. If you go out of your way to avoid me, why do you insist in dragging us into these useless conversations all the time?

Fin

Why stop at coercing vaccines? Ban smoking. 48,000 Canadians are estimated to die every year of smoking related causes. If you're counting, that's 1.25 COVID-19s every year (2 years and counting of 2 weeks to flatten the curve). What about alcohol? 15,000 deaths per year. 50% of COVID every year.
Well, it’s not like we don’t have any laws coercing us into doing something. We wear seatbelts for essentially the same reasons we get the vaccine. Yet, in 1987, some Albertans had the same old arguments that they didn’t want to be coerced into doing something….

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/june-22-1987-albertans-prepare-for-seatbelt-law-1.3649730

As far are smoking goes, New Zealand is doing just that.

I would have zero issues with something like his in Canada. We would need to be cautious of the second order effects and implement it incrementally as to not create other health issues as are already addicted.
Maybe the inconvenient truth is the sacred cow of Single Payer healthcare in Canada has created a system wholly unable to handle any sort of serious respiratory virus. We love to demonize the "unvaccinated" but if our real issue is hospital capacity we've done SFA to increase it with $300+ Billion CAD in the last 2 years and no long term plan to fix it.

The issue of overwhelming healthcare systems is not limited to Canada and its systems. It is a worldwide issue. While our healthcare systems are less than optimal, they were not the cause for why hospital were overflowing. The virulence of COVID-19 was and one way to curb its virulence is by getting vaccinated.

The virulence of COVID-19 was and one way to curb its virulence is by getting vaccinated.
You aren’t going to convince the enough of the unvaccinated to get their doses to make any significant change in hospital numbers. The current idiotic federal regulations are worse than the covid disease.

The issue of overwhelming healthcare systems is not limited to Canada and its systems. It is a worldwide issue. While our healthcare systems are less than optimal, they were not the cause for why hospital were overflowing. The virulence of COVID-19 was and one way to curb its virulence is by getting vaccinated.

COVID simply exposed how poorly we've managed and funded our HCS.

I also ponder if it exposed the fallacy of the single payer system.

Last edited:
COVID simply exposed how poorly we've managed and funded our HCS.

I also pond and if it exposed the fallacy of the single payer system.
How do you explain the capacity issues in a COVID-19 context with other types of healthcare system around the world?

About that whole "who should the government be talking to?" thing, nothing says unity of message and demands more than "new spokesperson" ...

Meanwhile, Randy Hillier's happy with how "Russia Today" shares stories about everything except what's happening in Russia today ...
So if I understand this the new rep wants to sit with the GG and the opposition? But not the government?

I wonder if the opposition parties will actually do that. The GG won’t that’s for sure.

Edit: He is a former CAF officer.

How do you explain the capacity issues in a COVID-19 context with other types of healthcare system around the world?

I'm honestly not concerned about how other country's structure, finance and manage their HCS. There is no reason we cannot come up with a Canadian solution.

So if I understand this the new rep wants to sit with the GG and the opposition? But not the government?

I wonder if the opposition parties will actually do that. The GG won’t that’s for sure.

Edit: He is a former CAF officer.
The sitting government has already said flat out no, so presumably they’re trying to do something achievable. Also presumably doesn’t know what the GG does.

I'm honestly not concerned about how other country's structure, finance and manage their HCS. There is no reason we cannot come up with a Canadian solution.
Agreed. There are lessons that can be learned from others but Canada really needs its own solution.

The sitting government has already said flat out no, so presumably they’re trying to do something achievable. Also presumably doesn’t know what the GG does.
Would be a better strategy to keep asking the government. Keep saying they still refuse to come to the table.

Mentioning the GG, “Coalition”and all the opposition parties sounds like they are still on the dissolve government issue.

I wonder if the Conservative leadership will meet with them.

Personally? I think they didn’t think things through.

That doesn’t invalidate the point of giving more than a passing consideration to the MH side of the situation.

Speaking of mental health, I run children's ministries and I had a great concern for their mental health with isolation. I'm not sure what the statistics are right now, but I did that math, and concluded that if every person under a certain age (15 or 17, not sure) got COVID 19, they would still be 5x more likely to die from suicide.

No but you say how our system is built is the reason for overflowing hospitals during the pandemic. What I am pointing out is that pretty much every other country (and their different systems) had the exact same issues. This doesn’t support your assertion.

Back