• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

I would chalk this up to possible scenario but not likely true. It would have been picked up by now if it was.

May, or may not, be true.

Where patient confidentially is involved, they make no public comment, unless legally compelled to.

i saw something this morning about this, but yeah, nothing credible to back up the claim or anything to confirm it. I know the shepards of good hope complained that the trucks blocking their emergency lane could have costed lives but Luckily hadn’t.

I would chalk this up to possible scenario but not likely true. It would have been picked up by now if it was.
The Shepherds of Good Hope were flooded with donations following reports of staff harassment by protesters.

Saw this on another forum:

View attachment 68377
The carpool lanes only run up to the Carling Ave turn off on the Eastbound 417, well away from the blocked traffic downtown. I'm not sure where they end on the Westbound side, but Montreal Rd was pretty free flowing up to Vanier Parkway. That means access to two of the major hospitals in the city was fairly open, I'm not sure how backed up River Rd was, since OPS had traffic from the 417 diverted to Coventry.

If this really was from Ottawa, why not name streets where traffic was blocked? Hospitals the patients were being transferred to? etc..

If it was a BLM, Occupy, or other protest, would you post and share without verifying the details first?

The carpool lanes only run up to the Carling Ave turn off on the Eastbound 417, well away from the blocked traffic downtown. I'm not sure where they end on the Westbound side, but Montreal Rd was pretty free flowing up to Vanier Parkway. That means access to two of the major hospitals in the city was fairly open, I'm not sure how backed up River Rd was, since OPS had traffic from the 417 diverted to Coventry.

If this really was from Ottawa, why not name streets where traffic was blocked? Hospitals the patients were being transferred to? etc..

If it was a BLM, Occupy, or other protest, would you post and share without verifying the details first?
I’m only spit balling but given lenaitch’s background I will assume that it came from a first responder forum.

I did a quick search on Natalie Harris. She’s a Barrie city councillor. And former paramedic with a background in blogging and book writing on things like PTSD.

I will be honest and say I have never heard of her.

That being said I will stand by my assertion that while possible, I haven’t seen anything confirming this. Despite privacy issues, something would have been picked up by now in my mind.

I'm living in Ottawa at the moment in the downtown core.

This protest in Ottawa was / is the most horrible and questionable Canadian "protest" I have ever witnessed first hand.

They said it was about "mandates" and "vaccine passports" but it was secretly planned by Pat King, a white supremacist who is extremely racist to muslims, amongst other minorities, on the 5 year anniversary of the Quebec Mosque shooting. The vigil for this shooting tragically had to be cancelled when the convoy rolled in due to safety concerns.

I was listening in on the truckers CB radios and Apps and they were at times yelling "Hail Pat King" and saying how awesome he was as they rolled into Ottawa to reign terror on local residents, the convoy reserved a special spot for Pat King right in front of Parliament Hill. It seemed like most on their comms were aware of what was going on and who the real organizer was.

Once the convoy rolled in the nazi flags, confederate flags, and other blatant hate symbols starting coming out without any resistance. Participants danced on the tomb of the unknown soldier, defaced our statues including that of Terry Fox, pissed and shit everywhere causing what some people are saying is spring time biohazard, and are going around openly intimidating people. They also intimidated the staff at the homeless shelter, took the food that was intended to be for the homeless, and left them with nothing. As they drive around honking until 2-3am many of them are wasted, shooting fireworks from cars, doing burnouts, and going the wrong way down one-way streets. Small stages were set and some speakers tried to say that white supremacists were just "freedom fighters" trying to help the anti-vaxxers cause. All of this has been recorded.

They said the convoy was just truckers, but in an industry that is made up of mostly immigrants, this convoy was all white guys. Lots of minorities in Ottawa are STILL staying off the streets, they are still scared. Some minorities on reddit are saying they were too scared to even walk their dogs and were staying in their apartments until it ends. I know of at least one assault so far that has been filmed.

The roaming convoys of vehicles were going around constantly honking, some of them put train horns on their trucks to be extra loud, many people's pets were really freaked out and having panic attacks, this was a really a cruel experience for not only citizens but also their animals.

I know soldiers and veterans of many colours in this city. If O'Toole truly supports this thing, he has really turned on the CAF's ethos for nothing more than a few cheap votes from those who support blatant racism. After living this, I truly think he is a stain on the CAF. As the convoy rolled here across Canada he was literally too dumb to see what was happening, or too spineless to oppose it since it's clear he will do ANYTHING for votes. It's incredible and disturbing his team let this happen. I don't think he will ever recover from this and maybe it's time he picks his third career before he does more damage. Max Bernier is here and on board as well but that's not really a surprise.

Anyone who doesn't see what this really is, needs to give their heads a shake. I suspect there will be a lot more coverage of this awful event over the next few weeks.

Last edited:

I shared it at face value. Maybe it's bunk, maybe it's accurate. It was a social media post, not an incident report. If you want to investigate and run it down, fill your boots.

I'm living in Ottawa at the moment in the downtown core.

This protest in Ottawa was / is the most horrible and questionable Canadian "protest" I have ever witnessed first hand.

They said it was about "mandates" and "vaccine passports" but it was secretly planned by Pat King, a white supremacist who is extremely racist to muslims, amongst other minorities, on the 5 year anniversary of the Quebec Mosque shooting. The vigil for this shooting tragically had to be cancelled when the convoy rolled in due to safety concerns.

I was listening in on the truckers CB radios and Apps and they were at times yelling "Hail Pat King" and saying how awesome he was as they rolled into Ottawa to reign terror on local residents, the convoy reserved a special spot for Pat King right in front of Parliament Hill. It seemed like most on their comms were aware of what was going on and who the real organizer was.

Once the convoy rolled in the nazi flags, confederate flags, and other blatant hate symbols starting coming out without any resistance. Participants danced on the tomb of the unknown soldier, defaced our statues including that of Terry Fox, pissed and shit everywhere causing what some people are saying is spring time biohazard, and are going around openly intimidating people. They also intimidated the staff at the homeless shelter, took the food that was intended to be for the homeless, and left them with nothing. As they drive around honking until 2-3am many of them are wasted, shooting fireworks from cars, doing burnouts, and going the wrong way down one-way streets. Small stages were set and some speakers tried to say that white supremacists were just "freedom fighters" trying to help the anti-vaxxers cause. All of this has been recorded.

They said the convoy was just truckers, but in an industry that is made up of mostly immigrants, this convoy was all white guys. Lots of minorities in Ottawa are STILL staying off the streets, they are still scared. Some minorities on reddit are saying they were too scared to even walk their dogs and were staying in their apartments until it ends. I know of at least one assault so far that has been filmed.

The roaming convoys of vehicles were going around constantly honking, some of them put train horns on their trucks to be extra loud, many people's pets were really freaked out and having panic attacks, this was a really a cruel experience for not only citizens but also their animals.

I know soldiers and veterans of many colours in this city. If O'Toole truly supports this thing, he has really turned on the CAF's ethos for nothing more than a few cheap votes from those who support blatant racism. Max Bernier is here and on board as well but that's not really a surprise.

Anyone who doesn't see what this really is, needs to give their heads a shake. I suspect there will be a lot more coverage of this awful event over the next few weeks.
Thanks for the first hand account. I stayed away. My only contact with the protest were supporters on the over pass (looked more like a small family outing with kids etc) and seeing a 50 vehicle convoy arrive. Pretty tame.

I saw confirmation yesterday about who was running the press conference (with no actual press).

Pat King, Tamara Lich and BJ Lichter. All three. Speaking for and representing this thing. That tells me everything I need to know about what this is really about.

Back