• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

The GoFundMe freeze was dropped. The organization has met the GFM concerns. The current total puts it close to 6 million. $6,000,000 and climbing is a pretty amazing figure for grass roots organizations, hell, any organization. All given by Mom & Pop and their neighbors. No big corporate donations. Just hard working everyday people who think this government is out of control. And that's a lot of people.
Because GFM is the one directing the funds now. It is an impressive tally to be certain.

The GoFundMe freeze was dropped. The organization has met the GFM concerns. The current total puts it close to 6 million. $6,000,000 and climbing is a pretty amazing figure for grass roots organizations, hell, any organization. All given by Mom & Pop and their neighbors. No big corporate donations.

Yeah, too bad they couldn't have donated to something worthwhile, like local Foodbanks, animal shelters, homeless shelters.... :rolleyes:

With that kind of money, they could feed a lot of people.

The GoFundMe freeze was dropped. The organization has met the GFM concerns. The current total puts it close to 6 million. $6,000,000 and climbing is a pretty amazing figure for grass roots organizations, hell, any organization. All given by Mom & Pop and their neighbors. No big corporate donations. Just hard working everyday people who think this government is out of control. And that's a lot of people.
It's an impressive amount, but I'd be shocked if there aren't lots of smaller anonymous donations made by corporate (or other) players. I can't think of lots of Mom and Pops that have $10k or so just burning a hole in their pockets.

It's not like they get receipts or anything.

Imagine if that had gone towards more direct means to work against the armour of Team Justin. The effect of all that investment by a majority of good, hard working folk will most certainaly be…
View attachment 68259
Yes, I think you're right. Had this money gone to an opposing political party, it would just disappear. The same attacks in the House would continue as normal, with a bunch of politicians nobody listens to and the sitting party that just won't answer the questions anyway.

With the convoy, people can see the fruits of their donations. They empathize with the truckers and feel a kindred spirit that they don't get from politics or politicians. They can see, join in and participate, as equals, as millions of other Canadians are doing. "We are mad as hell, and we're not going to take it anymore." If these measures don't yield results, I'm guessing civil disobedience will be the next step. People will just throw off their masks and move into a position they feel comfortable with. Mandates, etc will become unenforceable due to the amount of people saying "Fuck you and the horse you rode in on" But I have no crystal ball, just an opinion.

Trudeau still ‘owns’ 416/905 and 514/450 and arguably a chunk of 604…so until that changes…

I say let them own the deficit and skyrocketing inflation for the next couple of years. We’re pretty much past the point that Harper can be blamed for everything, so we’ll have to hope that alternatives think and plan properly for 23/24.

Trudeau still ‘owns’ 416/905 and 514/450 and arguably a chunk of 604…so until that changes…

I say let them own the deficit and skyrocketing inflation for the next couple of years. We’re pretty much past the point that Harper can be blamed for everything, so we’ll have to hope that alternatives think and plan properly for 23/24.
It is never too late to blame Harper for everything.

Do you know that he caused the Great Flood? True story…

Yes, I think you're right. Had this money gone to an opposing political party, it would just disappear. The same attacks in the House would continue as normal, with a bunch of politicians nobody listens to and the sitting party that just won't answer the questions anyway.

With the convoy, people can see the fruits of their donations. They empathize with the truckers and feel a kindred spirit that they don't get from politics or politicians. They can see, join in and participate, as equals, as millions of other Canadians are doing. "We are mad as hell, and we're not going to take it anymore." If these measures don't yield results, I'm guessing civil disobedience will be the next step. People will just throw off their masks and move into a position they feel comfortable with. Mandates, etc will become unenforceable due to the amount of people saying "Fuck you and the horse you rode in on" But I have no crystal ball, just an opinion.
Sounds good in theory but will be out of the news cycle in about 48hrs after.

But that 5 to 10 percent sure are a loud bunch.

It's an impressive amount, but I'd be shocked if there aren't lots of smaller anonymous donations made by corporate (or other) players. I can't think of lots of Mom and Pops that have $10k or so just burning a hole in their pockets.

Out of the top 100 donations, there are a few corporate donations of $2-15,000. They are far outweighed though by private and anonymous donations in the same category. The amount of the other private donations are in the range of approx $10-100. I'm not going through a list of over 70.5K names to see who gave what. So yes there are corporate donors, but their numbers aren't even close. I'm going to guess less than 1%.

Lots of people donate to all kinds of things without worrying about tax receipts. Some things are more important that looking for a tax break.

Why cant the Truckers have corporate donations ?
They can. There is no reason why not.

As an aside, the numbers of donors, in the last hour, have gone from 70.5K to 71K and donations approx $25 - 30,000.

Last edited:
I saw a post on Facebook comparing the truckers in this protest to the Highway of Hero's. Really hope they don't include the war memorial as part of their protest.

Jordan Peterson interviews one of the original signatories of our Charter of Rights and Freedoms where they discuss the constitutional crisis unfolding in Canada right now.

The Brother-in-Law of the leader of the NDP donated 13K to the cause...........He is now asking for his money back....hmmm.

Back