• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

The government basically flipped off everyone involved from the start. So much for the customary practice of at least trying to pretend to listen to grievances coming from groups who feel like they're not getting a fair shake.
Facts don't care about your feelings.

But the Convoy protestors don't care about facts, so, I guess we're at an impasse.

Renfrew Ontario and many communities in Ontario pay the OPP to provide policing services to their towns instead of having a police service. 2015 Renfrew paid $1.9 Million for police services.
I could not find a more recent costing ( Billing period is 01 October of each year )
Exactly what I said - they pay for police services. Not "many" communities - every community, so long as it is an organized municipality. When Renfrew had its own service, it certainly wasn't free, so the OPP isn't "extra". Most smaller municipalities have ditched their police service simply because they are too costly to operate.

Exactly what I said - they pay for police services. Not "many" communities - every community, so long as it is an organized municipality. When Renfrew had its own service, it certainly wasn't free, so the OPP isn't "extra". Most smaller municipalities have ditched their police service simply because they are too costly to operate.
but when you are paying for the service and manpower and it is taken away because the Parent service needs man power in another location. Not fair

By just what metrics are you measuring/assessing countries? By just about every metric, CANADA is a huge success; a beacon of safety, security, fairness and prosperity in an increasingly turbulent world.
Ah yes, the old “at least we aren’t as bad X country” is a good way to let things slide home side. Increased crime, poverty, lack of housing, access to healthcare, quality of healthcare, increased drug related deaths, ballooned cost of living etc etc are all under the Trudeau gov. We should ignore all those issues because be glad we aren’t Haiti. Bite that pillow indeed.

That particular DAOD might be a bridge too far even for CANSOFCOM, but I've seen them and other L1s ignore a DAOD when it's inconvenient. So even without tinfoil, it's not hard to imagine an "enterprising" individual or two decided to us it as a training aid...
Same here. However, unless some thing pops up concerning the aircraft I'm just going give it a rest.

Don't go trying to get people to admit that "their" side also has a portion of the blame for how this went down.
Are you so blinded by bias that you can't tell, despite repeated reminders, that someone arguing "against" a position does not mean that that person supports the opposite position?

Are you so blinded by bias that you can't tell, despite repeated reminders, the difference between someone is arguing "against" a position does not mean that that person supports the opposite position?
No, but your refusal to accept that the federal government made matters worse indicates to me that you're perhaps experiencing a bit of a blind spot.

I'm guessing a willful one, but it could really just be that you despise the people who were protesting so much you can't see past it.

No, but your refusal to accept that the federal government made matters worse indicates to me that you're perhaps experiencing a bit of a blind spot.

I'm guessing a willful one, but it could really just be that you despise the people who were protesting so much you can't see past it.
I don't think I've ever actually offered an opinion on "whether or not the government did things that made matters worse" , but off the top of my head, they probably did make matters worse from t some of their actions, but 1. It couldn't really be avoided. When you're speaking truths to a bunch of people who refuse to see and accept objective truth it's going to piss them off, and 2. It wasn't, as some here have alluded, done with the express intent of creating the pretext for an EA enactment.

Ah yes, the old “at least we aren’t as bad X country” is a good way to let things slide home side. Increased crime, poverty, lack of housing, access to healthcare, quality of healthcare, increased drug related deaths, ballooned cost of living etc etc are all under the Trudeau gov. We should ignore all those issues because be glad we aren’t Haiti. Bite that pillow indeed.

You still haven’t answered my question. If you “can’t wait to get out of this shit bucket” (I think that was your wording), what are you actually still waiting for, and why are you here? Is this one of those things where you’ll rant online that the government is effectively sodomizing you, but you’re grudgingly happy to keep quietly showing up, contributing to the realization of their defence policy, and taking their pay check so that one day you can take their pension?

The world’s your oyster, my dude. I’m sure with your skillset and years of military experience, you’d be readily employable plying your trade in one of those other places if you actively want to leave Canada. Planes need fixing everywhere.

Except that I don’t actually think you do want that. I think you just want to be seen and heard to want that.

You still haven’t answered my question. If you “can’t wait to get out of this shit bucket” (I think that was your wording), what are you actually still waiting for, and why are you here? Is this one of those things where you’ll rant online that the government is effectively sodomizing you, but you’re grudgingly happy to keep quietly showing up, contributing to the realization of their defence policy, and taking their pay check so that one day you can take their pension?

The world’s your oyster, my dude. I’m sure with your skillset and years of military experience, you’d be readily employable plying your trade in one of those other places if you actively want to leave Canada. Planes need fixing everywhere.

Except that I don’t actually think you do want that. I think you just want to be seen and heard to want that.
Ideology doesn't keep the lights on... ;)

Once your teeth find the pillow you can turn them off anyway, no?
Some people also feel the need to close their eyes tight while biting the pillow. No lights needed, so quit your whining, right?

Some people also feel the need to close their eyes tight while biting the pillow. No lights needed, so quit your whining, right?

Telling anyone to ‘quit whining’ in this thread would be an exercise in futility, so I won’t bother.

Back