• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Former counterterrorism chief: Trump defeat may prompt right-wing terror attacks

shawn5o

Inactive
Reaction score
Isn’t this what BLM/Antifa has been doing nationally for the last 3 months?

Former counterterrorism chief: Trump defeat may prompt right-wing terror attacks

Sean D. Naylor •National Security Correspondent
August 18, 2020, 3:09 PM GMT-4•10 mins read
https://news.yahoo.com/former-counterterror-chief-trump-defeat-may-prompt-rightwing-terror-attacks-190913288.html?soc_src=social-sh&soc_trk=tw&tsrc=twtr

The former head of the National Counterterrorism Center said he would not be surprised if right-wing domestic terrorist groups stage attacks in the United States around this November’s presidential election.

“It certainly wouldn’t surprise me, particularly if the administration loses,” said Russ Travers, who was the center’s acting director when he was fired by President Trump’s hand-picked acting director of national intelligence.

Trump, who is behind in all national polls, has repeatedly claimed that the expected widespread use of mail-in ballots during a national pandemic will lead to “massive fraud and abuse” and an election result that is “rigged” against him. “The political rhetoric is such that you could very easily see some backlash” from white supremacist or other right-wing terror groups, Travers said.

Travers is not alone in his assessment. An Aug. 17 Department of Homeland Security analysis also warns of possible election-related attacks. “We assess ideologically-motivated violent extremists and other violent actors could quickly mobilize to threaten or engage in violence against election or campaign-related targets in response to perceived partisan and policy-based grievances,” says the document, which was obtained by Yahoo News.

More at link

shawn5o said:
Isn’t this what BLM/Antifa has been doing nationally for the last 3 months?

More at link

Yes, there is "more at link",

Despite Trump’s declared intent to designate the left-wing activist movement known as antifa as a domestic terror organization, the threat from right-wing groups dwarfs that of their left-wing counterparts in the United States, according to Travers.

mariomike said:

Sorry about that mariomike

I don't know how to insert a link into a word such as link.

Usually I write "more at link above".

shawn5o said:
Sorry about that mariomike

I don't know how to insert a link into a word such as link.

Usually I write "more at link above".

1. Insert the hyperlink tool (url][/url] - (note that I've replaced the square bracket at the beginning of the tool by a round bracket throughout so that the example will display it the way it should be typed rather that how will display)

2. enter your link address within the hyperlink brackets e.g. (url]https://sites.google.com/view/wolfriedel[/url]

3 then amend the link by deleting the "close square bracket" after [url and replacing it with an = sign and adding a "close square bracket" after the full link address and inserting the text you wish to substitute. (url=https://sites.google.com/view/wolfriedel]see here[/url]

:cheers:

mariomike said:
Despite Trump’s declared intent to designate the left-wing activist movement known as antifa as a domestic terror organization, the threat from right-wing groups dwarfs that of their left-wing counterparts in the United States, according to Travers.

I need my eyes checked. I did not see that quote about RW terror earlier.

I thought your comment was about not inserting the uurl thing into a word. ;)

FJAG said:
1. Insert the hyperlink tool (url][/url] - (note that I've replaced the square bracket at the beginning of the tool by a round bracket throughout so that the example will display it the way it should be typed rather that how will display)

2. enter your link address within the hyperlink brackets e.g. (url]https://sites.google.com/view/wolfriedel[/url]

3 then amend the link by deleting the "close square bracket" after [url and replacing it with an = sign and adding a "close square bracket" after the full link address and inserting the text you wish to substitute. (url=https://sites.google.com/view/wolfriedel]see here[/url]

Thanks FJAG

8)

The 5,000 or so remaining KKK members meeting in their mom's basement are flattered to know they are so threatening.

Colin P said:
The 5,000 or so remaining KKK members meeting in their mom's basement are flattered to know they are so threatening.

Are you forgetting the circumstances in which our erstwhile combat engineer from Manitoba got picked up?

There’s a significant and in some instances dangerous undercurrent of violent radicalism in the fringes of politics on both sides of the border. It’s not a partisan statement to acknowledge the reality of this increasing threat. US police and intelligence services sure as hell know it’s there.

Colin P said:

The FBI thinks differently:

The FBI has elevated its assessment of the threat posed by racially-motivated violent extremists in the U.S. to a "national threat priority" for fiscal year 2020, FBI director Christopher Wray said Wednesday. He said the FBI is placing the risk of violence from such groups "on the same footing" as threats posed to the country by foreign terrorist organizations such as ISIS and its sympathizers.

"Not only is the terror threat diverse — it's unrelenting," Wray said at an oversight hearing before the House Judiciary Committee.

Racially or ethnically motivated violent extremists, or domestic terrorists motivated by racial or religious hatred, make up a "huge chunk" of the FBI's domestic terrorism investigations, Wray said in statements before the Senate Homeland Security Committee last November. The majority of those attacks are "fueled by some type of white supremacy," he said. ...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/racially-motivated-violent-extremism-isis-national-threat-priority-fbi-director-christopher-wray/

There are also all the various militias and survivalists; there are a lot of heavily armed anti-government groups with a variety of weird beliefs. The Oathkeepers come to mind, and they have grown to over 30000 members in under ten years; there are a lot of various nutjobs running along the lines of 2nd amendment defenders.

Not all of them are necessarily white supremacists, but there is a spectrum of heavily armed and organized groups in the far-right side of the US political aisle. Plus all the lone wolf attacks; a lot of the mass shooters have been radicalized by far right philosophies.

Basically there are is a whole lot of crazies with a whole lot of guns, and even if there is a surge of left wing radicals, the right wing nuts have had a least a century of a headstart, and have been murdering a lot of people for a long time. When they deliberately join the police and other security/defence forces it's not actually a conspiracy theory to think that they continue to fly under the radar because they have people on the inside.

Brihard said:
There’s a significant and in some instances dangerous undercurrent of violent radicalism in the fringes of politics on both sides of the border.

Apparently, we have our share of it,

"Canadians among most active in online right-wing extremism"

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ALeKk02g2lMUnw8ZGV_TS03PGyDUukJp0w%3A1597976071540&ei=By4_X8DKIOS8ggei1IrQAw&q=%22Canadians+among+most+active+in+online+right-wing+extremism%22&oq=%22Canadians+among+most+active+in+online+right-wing+extremism%22&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQDFAAWABgkJ0BaABwAHgAgAEAiAEAkgEAmAEAqgEHZ3dzLXdpeg&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwiA6ungnKvrAhVknuAKHSKqAjoQ4dUDCAs#spf=1597976092364

mariomike said:
Apparently, we have our share of it,

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ALeKk02g2lMUnw8ZGV_TS03PGyDUukJp0w%3A1597976071540&ei=By4_X8DKIOS8ggei1IrQAw&q=%22Canadians+among+most+active+in+online+right-wing+extremism%22&oq=%22Canadians+among+most+active+in+online+right-wing+extremism%22&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQDFAAWABgkJ0BaABwAHgAgAEAiAEAkgEAmAEAqgEHZ3dzLXdpeg&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwiA6ungnKvrAhVknuAKHSKqAjoQ4dUDCAs#spf=1597976092364

Yes, we definitely do. It’s having a real life impact on the operations of protective police and intelligence units, and on the lives of public figures who find themselves as targets.

And what happens if Trump wins? The Left (Antifa and their ilk) go ballistic and destroy more cities with riots and beat many more innocent people.

Its the extreme left that is far more dangerous and very few politicians have the balls to confront them.

ArmyRick said:
Its the extreme left that is far more dangerous

Do you have a source for that?

From the Original Post:

See also Reply #8 in this thread,

The FBI thinks differently:

The FBI has elevated its assessment of the threat posed by racially-motivated violent extremists in the U.S. to a "national threat priority" for fiscal year 2020, FBI director Christopher Wray said Wednesday. He said the FBI is placing the risk of violence from such groups "on the same footing" as threats posed to the country by foreign terrorist organizations such as ISIS and its sympathizers.

"Not only is the terror threat diverse — it's unrelenting," Wray said at an oversight hearing before the House Judiciary Committee.

Racially or ethnically motivated violent extremists, or domestic terrorists motivated by racial or religious hatred, make up a "huge chunk" of the FBI's domestic terrorism investigations, Wray said in statements before the Senate Homeland Security Committee last November. The majority of those attacks are "fueled by some type of white supremacy," he said. ...

ArmyRick said:
It is the extreme left that is far more dangerous and very few politicians have the balls to confront them.

Depends on whose facts you believe. 

Crazies like that, rigt or left are all dangerous.  It seems US law enforcement has analysed it enough to determine that the far right is more dangerous but that does not fit Sean Hannity or Tucker Carlson or Donald Trump's narrative so it can be hard to accept for some who are more worried about the extreme radical left.

I hope and expect that law enforcement is tracking and dealing with both as best they can. 

ArmyRick said:
And what happens if Trump wins?

Special Counsel Mueller said a sitting president can't be indicted.

Special Counsel Robert S. Mueller III Makes Statement on Investigation into Russian Interference in the 2016 Presidential Election
https://www.justice.gov/opa/speech/special-counsel-robert-s-mueller-iii-makes-statement-investigation-russian-interference

Washington, DC.

Wednesday, May 29, 2019

The Special Counsel’s Office is part of the Department of Justice and, by regulation, it was bound by that Department policy.  Charging the President with a crime was therefore not an option we could consider.

So, that won't change.

Also, as a sitting president, he will retain his pardoning power.

Perhaps even pardon himself?
https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ALeKk005Zhr8BwhDE-ZO1Mkj-qNMYF4f6Q%3A1598024904708&source=hp&ei=yOw_X5reIrCd5wKVm4GABg&q=trump+pardon+himself&oq=trump+pardom&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQARgAMgcIIxCxAhAnMgQIABAKMgQIABAKMgQIABAKMgQIABAKMgQIABAKMgQIABAKMgQIABAKMgQIABAKMgQIABAKOgcILhAnEJMCOgQIIxAnOgUIABCRAjoKCAAQsQMQgwEQQzoICAAQsQMQgwE6CwguELEDEMcBEKMCOgIIADoECC4QQzoLCAAQsQMQgwEQkQI6BAgAEEM6CAguELEDEIMBOgUIABCxAzoCCC46BwgAEBQQhwI6BAgAEANQwQlYpSxg0kFoAHAAeACAAcwBiAHAC5IBBjEuMTAuMZgBAKABAaoBB2d3cy13aXo&sclient=psy-ab#spf=1598024914846

Askmeoffers7 said:
Hello guys, I wasn't in peak shape when I joined. I wasn't in bad shape, but I know I could've done much better. My cardio wasn't the issue, it was overall strength. I passed my FORCE, but I absolutely needed to be stronger in all areas. I don't believe I would've sustained injury (at least not to the same degree) during training had I obtained a higher level of strength prior. (And of course, there are those who have been in excellent shape who managed to get hurt. It happens.) But those who aren't able to complete the FORCE upon entry shouldn't be at BMQ. It's not fair to staff, to other recruits, or ultimately, to themselves. And if one is in better physical shape, then they're more equipped to handle the psychological toll of training also. Again though, it's a conundrum in this day and age, because I don't feel it's necessary (or feasible) for every single recruit to be expected to respond to identical methods of training given that their roll within CAF isn't even comparable in some instances. 

Skynet is getting much more sneaky and sophisticated about their spam ads...now if they could only post in the right part of the forum this would be quite a good tactic.

Well, that is an eye-opener.

I read the CBC article and I find it hard to believe that the "incel" movement/subculture is right wing. Seems to me these guys don't know how to get a hooker for their loneliness. Maybe I'm wrong but incel shouldn't be classed as RW.

Anything can be classed as Right Wing, Fascist, White Supremacist if certain people or groups find it useful to do so.

Probably because of its anti-women, anti feminist agenda, incel groups are classified as such.  They also overlap a lot with white supremecy groups, especially online groups which seems to be where a lot of this festers.

This seems to be a relatively new phenomenon so how it is classed may shift.

I see this more as a mental thing more than anything else as opposed to extreme radical political ideology. 

They may be more susceptible or attracted to one ideology over another though.

Back