• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Forklift Lesson Question

TN2IC

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Does anyone here know where I can find a lesson on theory of forklifting that is DIN related? I have a class coming up on it in two weeks, so I am prepping myself now. I just might have to write my own lesson plan on it. But the subject in question is "Theory of Folklifting" so any help would be good... I am going to check out goggle.com now and see what I can pull up.

Thanks for your time...

If you're going to receive a lecture on Material handling using forklifts then why should you be doing the lesson plan?

If you've been given the task of teaching material handling - using forklifts then whoever assigned you the lecture should have provided you with the list of references for the material you must teach.

Don't understand :(

TN2IC said:
Does anyone here know where I can find a lesson on theory of forklifting that is DIN related? I have a class coming up on it in two weeks, so I am prepping myself now. I just might have to write my own lesson plan on it. But the subject in question is "Theory of Folklifting" so any help would be good... I am going to check out goggle.com now and see what I can pull up.

Thanks for your time...
TN2IC,
I highly suggest that you contact the 8 Wg TN Section. They run a two day forklift operator's course that is mandatory to drive forklifts at 8 Wg and it was very well done. Check with the library at Halifax as well as there are plenty of CF videos regarding this which were also used as part of the course. 8 Wg's course has been running for a few years now and they have their shit together.

I am the forklift trainer at my Company (in fact, I head the entire safety program). I have my own stuff in house, but here is some online material for you to consider:

http://www.free-training.com/osha/forklift/forkmenu.htm

One of the best resources for training is the forklift companies themselves. As a direct purchaser of lift trucks, I can get trg materials, offsite classes, etc., included as a part of the purchase agreement. You may want to consider contacting the nearest forklift distributors, and hit them up for some training material. All that of course, if you can't get the required material through your DND sources

Hyster, Linde, Caterpillar, Clark, Toyota, Raymond, Nissan - there are a ton of them

geo said:
If you're going to receive a lecture on Material handling using forklifts then why should you be doing the lesson plan?

If you've been given the task of teaching material handling - using forklifts then whoever assigned you the lecture should have provided you with the list of references for the material you must teach.

Don't understand :(

Okay I am a PRes.. my time at the unit is about 4-5 hours... ranging from 1700 hrs to 2200hrs, on a Thursday night. All the higher ups want is for my to fill in the time slot for the other personal sitting in the class room. So what I can pull out of my arse is what I will present. And I am the only one in my unit that does have folklift, so yeah. The Sgt just thorws the topics at me...and as for lesson plans, it is better pulling teeth then getting those. I have to write mine out, like every other one I have taught before. And that is on my own time, so I am not getting paid either. But I ensure my troops get the correct knowledge. So any help would be nice... that is my current background right now. May be some personal were not edcauted in what I am .. but now I have filled you in.

Also thanks for the last link... that will help.
Now back to the lesson.

Even more reason to contact the nearest distributors. Lay on the "I'm a reservist and need some help". A lot of times, they'll hook you up with freebies too - hats, mugs, etc. At the very least, they should be able to lend/give you some videos or literature. Most of what you need should be in the manual that came with the forklift(s) also.

I got the manual in front of me now cause my course was on civie side. So yeah...as for freebies... meh...I doubt that deal.

TN2IC said:
And that is on my own time, so I am not getting paid either. But I ensure my troops get the correct knowledge. So any help would be nice...

You realy had my sympathy until you wrote that.  :crybaby: If you realy want i will try to add up all the hours i have spent in my career doing things on my own time ( and family time) without the benefit of extra pay or even basic recognition by my suervisors (i.e. PERs). As i type this, i am working on my inteligence breif that i am presenting to the detachemnt for the exercise we are doing in Italy starting tomorow. Today is a day off for me, the last one i get for 3 weeks.

Suck it up and good luck with your class.

Oh I know I am sucking it up.. it just bugs me when people think military help is just right there beside me... I have no DIN unless I drive to work..so yeah. I don't mind doing this in a sense... I am more focus it for the troops then myself or to keep someone else happy.

Thanks for the Advice anyways... good luck with your briefing..

TN2IC said:
Okay I am a PRes.. my time at the unit is about 4-5 hours... ranging from 1700 hrs to 2200hrs, on a Thursday night. All the higher ups want is for my to fill in the time slot for the other personal sitting in the class room. So what I can pull out of my arse is what I will present. And I am the only one in my unit that does have folklift, so yeah. The Sgt just thorws the topics at me...and as for lesson plans, it is better pulling teeth then getting those. I have to write mine out, like every other one I have taught before. And that is on my own time, so I am not getting paid either. But I ensure my troops get the correct knowledge. So any help would be nice... that is my current background right now. May be some personal were not edcauted in what I am .. but now I have filled you in.

Also thanks for the last link... that will help.
Now back to the lesson.
TN2IC
don't get me wrong - was commentary was only in the context that I was not certain of who you are and what you were trying to get at. I have met some individuals who have attempted to become SMEs before they've taken a course & we end up with a situatin where we have to re-educate & correct things learnt.... which were not taught.
Your 2nd explanation puts things in context & fills in the blanks missing on your 1st post.

Cheers!

Here's a video that didn't make the DIN short list. Its in German but you don't need to Sprechen Deutsch to understand it. Watch the whole thing, I know you'll get a kick out of it  ;)

http://www.compfused.com/directlink/743/

TN2IC said:

Thanks for your time...

Maritime Drilling School Ltd. runs a forklift operator safety course.  It's located in North Sydney, NS.

Hahahaha...I speak German is that is fine... but I nearly pissed myself laughing... at the end when bud's head gets crop off and keep driving around.... LMAO!!!! Then the guy with his body croped in half still alive! Then gets cut into four with the chain saw in total!! It was sure funny man... thanks for the help.

I lost $20 bucks to an ex-supply tech who CFR'd who told me he could pick up a loonie with a forklift on the parade square.

What he did was placed the fork on top of the loonie applied a little pressure and reversed the forklift. The loonie flipped right up onto the fork.

Lesson Learned - Don't trust officers ;D

My favorite part in the video is the fat man's (the guy with the ear defenders) facial expression upon realizing he isn't the only one impailed. Too bad I can't pause it and take a still of it, I'd like to put it on my avator(sp?)

Back