• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Forearm pain - weight training

Status
Not open for further replies.

frank1515

Inactive
Reaction score
This question is mostly direct at the Med Techs on this board (Medicine Man?) .  Since I'm expecting to do my entry level fitness test to join the Reserve soon, I've picked up my training a little bit and I think I over did it. For the last week or so, after I do bicep curls and put down the weight, I get sharp pain in my forearm (image highlights affected area). It doesn't feel like the typical muscle pain one would get after a good workout. While I'm doing my curls, I feel no pain whatsoever. I know if it bothers me that much to go see a doctor, I don't want to waste my Doc's time before asking your thoughts on here.

In essence, should I take it easy for a little while? If so, is there an other exercise I can do instead of the curls to at least keep my bicep strength where it's at right now.

Thanks

Try taking a bit of a break for a week on the curls or drop your weight - sounds a bit like a tendonitis.  You could try changing the weight position - hammer vs open straight arm, etc, and tuck your arms is a bit for support and see if that helps.

MM

Ack. Thanks MM. I'll do the hammer vs. open arm. I'll also drop the weight, and do more reps for a little while and go from there.

Cheers,

Frank

It could also be medial epicondylitis. Either way, less weight, change exercises.

The cause of that pain is often weak wrists, even if you don't think you're bending them during curls.  Well, not "weak" but just relatively so - your bicep strength may have exceeded your wrist strength for the time being.

Obviously follow the professional advice here first, but there are a couple of other things that can alleviate the pain:

1) concentrate on holding your wrists absolutely as straight as possible - especially when setting the weight down.

2) wrist wraps help, even light ones.  The single wrap Grizzly ones from Popeyes or wherever are fine.

This particular physical tweak bugged me for quite some time, and those things fixed it (for me).

No one here is a Doctor. No Doctor would diagnose a medical problem over the internet.

We've had a medical practitioner give their advice.

If you are not in the medical field or have expertise in the treatment of the type of injury, you really shouldn't be saying anything.

No one can diagnose over the internet.

Stop trying.

If you 're hurt and have a concern. See a Doctor...............in person, at a clinic.

If your dick was dripping, would you soak it in Draino because the experts on the interweb said to do it?

Milnet.ca Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back