• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

FLASH! - Two PC-9 RAAF Roulettes (Our 'Snowbirds') in mid-air collision today

1feral1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It was not long ago that two Snowbirds collided in my home province of Saskatchewan, with the loss of one pilot.

This happened earlier today. Two RAAF PC-9 aircraft, part of our Roulettes Aerobatics team colided in mid-air, near Sale, Victoria. One pilot 'punched out', and the other rode his in for a rough landing. Both RAAF pilots walked away without serious injury.

The one plane corkscrewed, and exploded on impact, crashing within 200 metres from a occupied farm house.

Both blokes are lucky to be alive!

Try www.news.com.au or www.dailytelegraph.com.au - do a search for 'pc-9 aircraft' to see what we use.

Regards,

Wes

1feral1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
;D I understand. Its late back (or early depending on how you see it) in dear ole Canada

Cheers,

Wes

Infanteer

Staff member
Directing Staff
Donor
Reaction score
That's why I love the sincerity of internet "RIP's" (and also why I don't do them)....

Tpr.Orange

Reaction score
in my defense i worked a 18 hr day and the first line i saw "with the loss of one pilot."

just rushed it so i could go to bed

CBH99

Army.ca Veteran
Donor
Reaction score
I thought Canada was the last air force in the western world to use the old Tutors - guess I was wrong.  Good to see they both walked away from the accident though.                    :)

Inch

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
CBH99 said:
I thought Canada was the last air force in the western world to use the old Tutors - guess I was wrong.   Good to see they both walked away from the accident though.                      :)

A PC-9 is not a Tutor, a PC-9 is a turbo prop and basically the same aircraft as a Harvard II.