• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Finding a "friend" in the British army who could use (L)500

dross headon

Inactive
Reaction score
My son is interested in joining the British army and has been for a while. He applied from Canada (almost 2 years ago now, I think)  and they turned him down, but we've learned since he should have just gone to England and joined(I think we got that advice here). So that's what he's doing now. The other way -- that is, through the foreign cell-- has too many hoops to jump through and too many ways to say no.
Right now there is such a huge push on for infantry recruitment that the army has offered those in the service a bounty http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/10/30/nmod30.xml of 500 pounds if they bring in a friend who joins.
So what we're looking for is a "friend" already in the British military (and over there now) who might give him a bunk in exchange for the bounty, preferably in Colchester(Para).
If there is someone on this board of if anyone knows of someone who fits the bill and can give some verifiable assurance he's not some ax murderer(not that my son would be easy to take down) let me know.
Dross

How you doing mate, well being a Canadian born lad I packed up and left for England and served with pride it is a different animal over there but if you have question toss me a PM and I will try to square you with as much information as I can. I just got out in August, so everything is still fresh.

Cheers Sphinx

Back