• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Female American Recruits Training

Delta

Inactive
Reaction score
I just read this article on the boot camp training, possibly BMQ, for female American recruits. These stats are all taken from that Chinese web site I was reading.

- 27 rounds, at least 6 rounds hit target on live fire exercise
- 13 chin-ups
- 47 situps
- weighted (46kg) march with M-16 for 40km, or advance with ammo, water and wounded
- field operation hours increased from 86 to 107 hours
- most training are done with males with only 1 standard

Does anyone know whether the stats is bsing or not?

http://news.xinhuanet.com/world/2005-03/05/content_2652467.htm for the Chinese Army.ca members

I have a question: if you wanted to know what American female soldiers undergo in their Basic training, why wouldn't you go to an American Army-based website and ask them?

I have another question: Why would you go to a Chinese site, and then to a Canadian site for confirmation?

paracowboy said:
I have another question: Why would you go to a Chinese site, and then to a Canadian site for confirmation?

LOL

I don't know about how the US Army or Air Force conducts training for female recruits but in the Marines, this is how it works.

Recruits at boot camp are gender segregated.  The physical fitness test for females consists of a three mile run, crunches and flex arm hang from the pull-up bar.  On the range, they shoot a total of 50 rounds on the known distance rifle range.  The other training is the same as the males.  Go to Marines.com and goarmy.com for more info.  The Chinese are not known for having the most accurate information..I think something gets lost in the translation.

PJ D-Dog

I just squirt milk out my nose

id say this is a huge load of BS, i would be shocked to see those standards upheld on any basic training course, especially the 40km part. unless the course is extremly long i would be curious as to how they would acheive such a standard... especially in the days where the US military is dropping its standards to the lowest ever to just keep their numbers up.

They are wearing AR MARPAT uniforms.

On another note...

13 chinups!!!  :eek:

considering most women I know in the CF can't pull more then 7, only one I know pulled 10, and only one I've heard of done more then 13....

I call BS.

PJ D-Dog said:
The Chinese are not known for having the most accurate information..I think something gets lost in the translation.

PJ D-Dog

Personally i think it gets lost in the propaganada machine, but hey that's just me.

US Marines
Minimum Fitness Requirments for Each PFT Event - Females

Age     Flexed-Arm Hang Crunches 3-Mile Run
17-26 15 Seconds         50            31:00
27-39 15 Seconds        45             32:00
40-45 15 Seconds        45             33:00
46+     15 Seconds        40            36:00

US Army Basic Combat Training videos, shows what both the men and woman have to do in basic
http://goarmy.com/life/basic/index.jsp?hmref=qu

Back