• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Family time.

R

Rookie

How much time can a person expect to have a year with their families, assuming they are full time officers or NCM‘s?

If they live on base, every evening and weekend, just like in civvie life. Except for when you‘re on Ex obviously you can‘t bring your family out to the field with you =)

But just as a warning, when you‘re undergoing your initial training(Basic and then your Trade training) you can‘t expect to have them with you until you get posted to your unit. I know some guys who are on my course right now that haven‘t lived with their families in almost 6 months. That doesn‘t mean they haven‘t seen them, it just means they have had to live in the shacks with us single guys on course for that time.

In most cases, life in the CF is almost like working at a civvie job.

You‘ll have plenty of time to be with your family, don‘t worry.

You‘ll have plenty of time to be with your family, don‘t worry.
Tell it like it is. I‘ve been in almost 20 years, been married 16, and I spent a lot of time away from home. Not only ops, but courses, tasks, exercises. Some years you‘ll be away 2 months, some years 9 months. You can‘t be guaranteed a fixed amount of time at home per year. Some families can‘t take it, it‘s the biggest cause of separations and releases.

Back