• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Extension of deadline for relocation after release

goose67

Inactive
Reaction score
I have passed the two year deadline to have relocation expenses covered by the CF. My spouse has been offered a job transfer that would require us to move. Would this fall into the category of "circumstances beyond my control" when it comes to requesting an extension? Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks.

goose67 said:
I have passed the two year deadline to have relocation expenses covered by the CF. My spouse has been offered a job transfer that would require us to move. Would this fall into the category of "circumstances beyond my control" when it comes to requesting an extension? Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks.

With the way the system is now, I think you are SOL.  You are a full blown Civilian now.

goose67 said:

Thanks.

I do believe that George is correct.  In order to be able to request and obtain the one year extension, there are two main criteria that MUST be met:

a.  the reasons for your request must be deemed to be "beyond your control" (not sure what DCBA would or wouldn't consider in this case);  and

b.  your entitlement to an IPR must not have expired (ie; be beyond the 2 year mark).

Nevertheless, your best option would be to contact either your Release Base or the closest Release Section and ask them the question.

Well I've contacted the base and you'll never guess what they said......submit a memo. So, that's what I will do. Anyone like to place a bet? Thanks for your help I will let you know the outcome.

Guess they don't have anyone around that has the knowledge to find the correct Regulation and make a decision to give you an answer, and want to do the bureaucratic paperwork thing to have someone somewhere else do that. 

goose67 said:
Well I've contacted the base and you'll never guess what they said......submit a memo. So, that's what I will do. Anyone like to place a bet? Thanks for your help I will let you know the outcome.

I got $5 on "They never got back to me on my memo"

Could also mean they are doing their due diligence to have it all on paper when so when they do say no it will be a record, official and all that so that no one can claim that they were told something they weren't.

Crantor said:
Could also mean they are doing their due diligence to have it all on paper when so when they do say no it will be a record, official and all that so that no one can claim that they were told something they weren't.

What stop being common sense you.  It is better to make flippant remarks about how the system is out to get you and has no clue how to make a decision....don't ya' know anything man?

Just to let everyone know, I submitted a memo requesting an extension and it was "APPROVED"! They gave me a one year extension! I guess that goes to show that it's always worth a try.

goose67 said:
Just to let everyone know, I submitted a memo requesting an extension and it was "APPROVED"! They gave me a one year extension! I guess that goes to show that it's always worth a try.

Wow. Were there any extenuating circumstances you managed to toss in beyond "we were staying here, wife got offered a (non-mandatory) transfer and got accepted?

Were you planning on moving but had something holding you back? Ill relative where you're moving to?

goose67 said:

Stranger things have happened.  But still, good for you on getting this approved.

It's not often that the regulations say one thing and then someone else in a position of "authority" says different.

Congrats!

Back