• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ex-Ontario Attorney General Reported Arrested

I agree with Petamocto.

I have sat through trials and court martials and beleive me anything and everything gets put under a microscope and reviewed, examined and dissected.

There was plenty of doubt and reason not to proceed with a charge. He would have walked (IMO rightfully so) and it would have wasted the crown's time.

I AGAIN see this as simple, self defence and reacting when the body's sympathetic nervous system kicks in (How people react when they beleive they are in serious danger). Sitting here and second guessing it to death is NOT ON! I have seen numerous situations where people react in a way not expected when in a confrontational situation (not a board room argument but a I am about to get beaten or worse situation).

Enough of the arm chair quarter backing. Go sit in a court house anyday and watch numerous regular people have charges withdrawn (including plenty who shouldn't have them withdrawn). Its life, its our justice system.

Live with it.

Star:
"Before Bryant's Saab came attack on BMW: Scarborough driver remembers how bike courier turned 'insanely' aggressive":
"The cyclist was shrieking, swearing, then latched himself onto the driver's side door, his arms stretched into the vehicle, grabbing at the steering wheel.":
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/article/815036--before-bryant-s-saab-came-attack-on-bmw?bn=1

mariomike said:
Star:
"Before Bryant's Saab came attack on BMW: Scarborough driver remembers how bike courier turned 'insanely' aggressive":
"The cyclist was shrieking, swearing, then latched himself onto the driver's side door, his arms stretched into the vehicle, grabbing at the steering wheel.":
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/article/815036--before-bryant-s-saab-came-attack-on-bmw?bn=1

From the Star article:
“Yes, he was aggressive and a little bit unstable, but he was a good person and a good friend,” said the 47-year-old.
“People have to see the human side of him.”

As every serial killer's mom says - "He was a really good boy.  He just fell in with the wrong crowd."  I wish the justice system would reward those who own up to their actions rather than those with the saddest BS story.

ArmyRick said:
I agree with Petamocto.

I AGAIN see this as simple, self defence and reacting when the body's sympathetic nervous system kicks in (How people react when they beleive they are in serious danger). Sitting here and second guessing it to death is NOT ON! I have seen numerous situations where people react in a way not expected when in a confrontational situation (not a board room argument but a I am about to get beaten or worse situation).

Let us not forget that Bryant was not alone, he also had wife in the car with him. The second point to consider is that this is probably the first time Bryant has ever found himself in a situation, where not only is his life in danger, but also his wife's. He did what the majority of people in a similar situation would have done - hit the gas and get the hell out of there!

Enough of the arm chair quarter backing. Go sit in a court house anyday and watch numerous regular people have charges withdrawn (including plenty who shouldn't have them withdrawn). Its life, its our justice system.

Unfortunately, too true.

Back