• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ex-Infantry at an Arty base? (Reserves)

WastedYouth

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey,
Quick question for anyone who might know. I am ex Infantry, still within three years of EAS (honorable discharge end of TOS). So all my qualifications are still valid. There is a reserves arty base in my city. My old coworker said I can re enroll as reserves and stay infantry at the base. Is that possible? 

Hi there,

I'm assuming if you're referring to an armoury?

As always, chat with their recruiting officer for the most accurate info.  If the unit is going to employ you & pay you, I imagine you'll have to swap cap badges & get qualified within the artillery.  They won't necessarily want someone on payroll that isn't qualified in that particular trade. 

(I used to do recruiting for a reserve unit, and while we did have a few people on parade who were different trades, they usually eventually went back to their home unit.  Students mainly.)

CBH99 said:
Hi there,

I'm assuming if you're referring to an armoury?

As always, chat with their recruiting officer for the most accurate info.  If the unit is going to employ you & pay you, I imagine you'll have to swap cap badges & get qualified within the artillery.  They won't necessarily want someone on payroll that isn't qualified in that particular trade. 

(I used to do recruiting for a reserve unit, and while we did have a few people on parade who were different trades, they usually eventually went back to their home unit.  Students mainly.)

That seems right. I know that the closest Infantry base is two hours away, so I don't want to drive there every time I need to report in if there is a base in my city. My original home unit is out east (RCR) and I live in Alberta. The biggest issue is trying to get ahold of the base/armory. They are only "open" Wednesday 7-9 pm. Even when I am available during that time and mange to call they never answer. 

If you are talking about an artillery reserve unit in Alberta, and the nearest infantry unit is about 2hrs away - I'm assuming you are in Lethbridge?

I would just pop into the armouries one parade night, and ask the OR where to go/who to speak to.

They may only parade from 7pm to 10pm on one night a week, but the OR is usually open regular business hours during the week.  Might be easier just to pop in and go from there.

:2c:

Back