• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Editorial on The Editorial Cartoons Thread

George Wallace

Army.ca Dinosaur
Inactive
Reaction score
Alright.....IF you want to remove images and then make this statement....BE SURE TO HAVE THE COURTESY TO SEND A PM WITH THE ORIGINAL LINK ADDRESS to the person whose post you EDITED:

Image removed due to contravention of posting rules located at beginning of this thread.  Poster may re-post with link to source attached.

Staff

Or even better and save us all much grief and time.....YOU as Staff with your capabilities and permissions, simply copy the address and post it above the image that offended your sensibilities.

As is, I now have to try and search the internet for links to a post that I made, but you as Staff EDITED with NO NOTIFICATION to me of what you were doing.  Do I even have any indication as to what it was I posted?  You don't even have the decency to PM me any references as to what it was that I may repost. 

NOT TOO HAPPY WITH YOUR MODERATING!

By the way....THIS IS RADIO CHATTER!

George Wallace said:
Alright.....IF you want to remove images and then make this statement....BE SURE TO HAVE THE COURTESY TO SEND A PM WITH THE ORIGINAL LINK ADDRESS to the person whose post you EDITED:

Or even better and save us all much grief and time.....YOU as Staff with your capabilities and permissions, simply copy the address and post it above the image that offended your sensibilities.

As is, I now have to try and search the internet for links to a post that I made, but you as Staff EDITED with NO NOTIFICATION to me of what you were doing.  Do I even have any indication as to what it was I posted?  You don't even have the decency to PM me any references as to what it was that I may repost. 

I’m not quite sure how or why your public outburst is necessary, instead of using the R2M function, or even sending any DS of your choosing a PM. But since you chose to make your displeasure public and act as though DS is personally attacking you, I’d assume that you also have no qualms with the reply being public. So here it is;

I’m the particular DS who chose to remove your posts, and I did so adding (very clearly) why the action was taken and how that action by me (or other DS) can be avoided in the future. There was nothing wrong with the particular attachments you posted. However, you are the only one who posted (not once, but twice) in this thread without following the simple policies provided at the beginning of the thread indicating what criteria needed to be met with each individual cartoon in order to let them stand.

Ref “courtesy”. I did a courtesy to you by indicating that you were welcome to post the material again, simply to add the source. (You were even welcomed to post other cartoons you enjoyed, just as long as links with sources were included.) I did a courtesy to you by not deleting the posts in their entirety, thus affecting your miltpoints negatively. I did a courtesy to you by not removing the awarded milpoints others had given you related to your removed cartoons. I did a courtesy to you by NOT issuing ANY sort of warning for not once, but twice, failing to post in accordance with the rules of the thread that all other participants have managed to abide by.

So, if you don’t like the courtesies I extended you, nor the way(s) in which I extended them (because I apparently didn’t act in a way you feel I should have which fits into your apparent self-constructed DS box) then use the R2M function in the future.

Again, you’re more than welcomed to participate in the thread. Simply read and follow the posting rules provided like everyone else has.

George, we have been down this road before and have a publicly discussed policy on it: https://army.ca/forums/threads/90250/post-888219.html#msg888219

I don't believe you are raising a new issue here, nor one that will evoke a change in the way we do business.

I should also address an apparent misconception: Radio Chatter is subject to the Conduct Guidelines just like the remainder of the site. The rules are not relaxed or invalid here, they apply in full force.

Topic split. Doesn't need to go to the admin board in my view though.

George Wallace said:

George, we have met a couple of times in person before and I have always enjoyed our discussions and think you are a great guy!

That being said, BeyondtheNow is just doing the unenvious job of trying to keep the site clean and ensure that posts conform to the site guidelines.  I know you know this because you yourself have also done this job before.

I understand it can be frustrating at times and I myself have been guilty of inadvertently breaching site guidelines before.  In these instances though, consistency is key and the DS are just trying to be consistent.  This wasn't a personal attack on you or were you meant to be targeted in any sort of way. 

Mike has weighed in so that settles it but if you ever feel the need to discuss anything, don't hesitate to reach out.

Regards,
HB

Humphrey Bogart said:
Mike has weighed in so that settles it but if you ever feel the need to discuss anything, don't hesitate to reach out.

I have PM'd Mike to hopefully clarify what I posted. 

The point being made, was that I posted a couple images, that were not offensive, over a couple of days.  Not being a Mod, I can not go back and edit a post after 24 hours.  I have also forgotten what the image may have been and where to retrieve it in order to comply with RULES.  I already stated above, what the IA could have been.

Now the process of correcting the post with the link of the image to be placed above the link to the image within the coding has to be PM'd back to the Moderator for the Moderator to correct the post in order to comply with the RULES.  All that is if the original poster can once again find the image they may have posted.  Rather convoluted.

Remember:  24 hour rule placed on members editing their posts.  After 24 hours, members can not edit their posts.

I have suggested a SOP in the matter, as a solution, in my original post complaining of the action that was taken.

-- OR --

Members can post according to the rules in that thread, and posts that don't meet the rules can be deleted.

Much simpler and faster for all involved. No PM'ing, and if the user wants to re-post with the source info, they can. This is the way forward.

While it's not required for the mods the last few times+ I've had my posts modified or removed the mods have been kind enough to send me a quick pm explaining why.

I really appreciated the gesture and think it's super helpful in avoiding misunderstandings. Big thanks to the various mods for that.

Back