• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Domestic Terrorism in Northern B.C. against Coastal GasLink installation

Yeah I missed that part. Maybe also visibility given at what time it happened.
Based on pictures I’ve seen of the Mounties’ arrival, it looked dark. Probably not a good COA to start blasting into the dark. I don’t know if they still have the enhanced presence they a while ago there, but they also could have been outnumbered too.

Is there a protestor camp of any kind up there? They should expect a visit in the wee small hours from some very rough people.

It's a close community up there. The Perps won't stay at large for long I'm guessing....

Millions in damage after attack on Coastal GasLink work site, RCMP say​

Police near an under-construction liquefied natural gas pipeline in northern B.C. are investigating after what they say was a violent attack by roughly 20 people overnight.

Photos provided in a news release from Houston RCMP show extensive damage to vehicles and buildings at the Coastal GasLink work site.

Mounties said they were called to the Marten Forest Service Road shortly after midnight Thursday by Coastal GasLink security.

"It was reported (that) approximately 20 people, some armed with axes, were attacking security guards and smashing their vehicle windows," police said in their release.

"It was initially reported that some CGL employees were trapped, but all had managed to safely leave the area."

Officers found the forest service road blocked with "downed trees, tar-covered stumps, wire, boards with spikes in them and fires" at the 41-kilometre mark, according to RCMP.

Police said "several people" threw smoke bombs and "fire-lit sticks" at officers as they made their way through the debris. One officer was injured, Mounties said.

The road was blocked again at the 43-kilometre mark, this time with an old school bus, according to RCMP.

"When police arrived at the drill pad at the (63-kilometre) mark, they found significant damage had been done to heavy machinery, fencing, and portable buildings," RCMP said. "Police did not encounter any further blockades or protesters as they made their way to the drill pad, nor did they locate anyone at the site."

No one was arrested in the incident, and police did not indicate that there were any suspects Thursday.

So now we have eco terrorism. What will the PMs response be?

Maybe the GoC can freeze the terrorists bank accounts…
It’s not terrorism if it supports less CO2 in the atmosphere. They’re just helping Canada comply with its COP 26 Carbon Reductiom commitments…

[sarcasm warning]

I doubt they have much in their bank accounts.

Might not pull a lot of donations for the legal defence fund, though.

You guys are so naive. If anything, the eco terrorist protesters are way more experienced in this stuff than the trucker with Nazi Confederate bad apples protesters are when it comes to things like that.

You guys are so naive. If anything, the eco terrorist protesters are way more experienced in this stuff than the trucker with Nazi Confederate bad apples protesters are when it comes to things like that.
So you’re saying organizations that fund terrorism or clearly criminal activity, so long as it’s ecological, even though they harm the security of Canada, shouldn’t be subject to any action against their funding sources?

So you’re saying organizations that fund terrorism or clearly criminal activity, so long as it’s ecological, even though they harm the security of Canada, shouldn’t be subject to any action against their funding sources?
You really read too much into things and make things up don’t you? Where the eff did I say that

You don't think we know that?
Was tongue and cheek. Sarcasm button and all. Guess I need to make it a bit more obvious as well. I mean G2G completely read something else altogether.

You really read too much into things and make things up don’t you? Where the eff did I say that
Previous comment on naivety implies that you believe the ecoterrorist protestors will not be acted upon.

Perhaps if you yourself *hadn’t personalized it to imply refuting a number of comments that such conduct should be dealt with similarly as the truckers, there’d be less confusion as to you position.

Perhaps you could help us understand, then.

Do you believe that such destruction at the Coast GasLink installation should be dealt with in a manner similar to the truckers (freezing of funds of organizations found to be ‘directly or indirectly’ associated) with the CGL damage?

Was tongue and cheek. Sarcasm button and all. Guess I need to make it a bit more obvious as well. I mean G2G completely read something else altogether.
Well I did add a sarcasm tag to my post, since it seemed expected (by some).

I think you will find - if anyone wanted to pull on a thread - that the "gas roots" eco-terrorists have a lot more external backers than the Truckers.
That was my point. They have plenty of experience doing this and as such a lot of experience dodging things like fintrac, hiding their financial trail etc etc and laundering their money.

That was my point. They have plenty of experience doing this and as such a lot of experience dodging things like fintrac, hiding their financial trail etc etc and laundering their money.
Ack -- I wasn't sure by your response if you agreeing or disagreeing earlier.

Back