• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Does medical test have a score?

valcartier

Reaction score
Hello. I recently submitted my application for ROTP for the Sep 2025 school year. I read a thread on the Competition List and someone mentioned the medical exam being a part of the evaluation criteria. Just wondering if that means the medical has a score, or is it pass / fail?

Thanks,

James

The Common Enrollment Medical Standard (CEMS) is pass / fail, but there are also individual occupational medical standards - so even if you meet CEMS, you may not meet the standard for the specific occupation you want.

For example, you can pass CEMS if you are colour blind, but will not be eligible to be an ammunition technician.

The Common Enrollment Medical Standard (CEMS) is pass / fail, but there are also individual occupational medical standards - so even if you meet CEMS, you may not meet the standard for the specific occupation you want.

For example, you can pass CEMS if you are colour blind, but will not be eligible to be an ammunition technician.
Thank you for your prompt response. If I were to meet the occupational standards, would someone with better vision than me have an advantage over me?

Back