• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Do our tanks and LAVs have a key ignition? funny question

Thanks, it's a 060 over 454 (481/7.8l) I built a few years ago in the garage to replace the small block in the Impala.

There is no doubt that the new powerplants (V6's and V8's both) are not slouches in the hp dept. I'd love to swap out the BBC and do a LS7 or something.

TN said:
Boys and their toys.... come give me a call once you get into the heavy equipment side of things. =D

I'll stick to a car that has more torque and hp than a Kenworth, thanks!

Much less carnage that way...

;D

Pat in Halifax said:
Nothing like the sound of 20 kg/sec of air being sucked in, winding the gas generator up to 8500 rpm - you can't help but hear it all over the ship...or within a couple kilometers on the open sea!

It's also pretty dandy that you can slap her into reverse while at full speed and not leave a trail of gearbox parts behind.  ;D

Just don't let the guys in Redmond WA get a hold of it.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-10805_3-57401890-75/how-the-mustang-would-look-if-microsoft-ran-detroit/?tag=mncol;topStories

How the Mustang would look if Microsoft ran Detroit

The software giant, working with West Coast Customs, loads a Ford Mustang with its consumer technology as a showcase for what developers can do with on its platform.

Jim Seggie said:
Even my NEW DODGE CHALLENGER has all the a/m stuff, incl GPS Nav, AM/FM/Sat radio, heated seats.....but I have not mounted any weapons through the sun roof.  >:D

Yet.

Remember, a trailer hitch can be used for towed artillery too...

I have an acquaintance who's about 3/4 done rebuilding his C1 105mm Howitzer....

NS

NavyShooter said:
Remember, a trailer hitch can be used for towed artillery too...

I have an acquaintance who's about 3/4 done rebuilding his C1 105mm Howitzer....

NS

There shall be NO trailer hitches on the Maneater. The Big Red Truck has one.......HEMI POWER!!!!

How quaint.

Leo2 - 1600hp          ;)

Nerf herder said:
How quaint.

Leo2 - 1600hp          ;)

Nice. I can out run you. HEMI POWER!

And no you can't use the 120 or the coax to beat me.......

Jim Seggie said:

Oh, there are rules now?            >:D

Nerf herder said:
Oh, there are rules now?            >:D

Yes the rule is the guy with the HEMI wins!! LOL  ;D

Mind you 1600 hp is nothing to sneeze at, is it?

Jim Seggie said:
Yes the rule is the guy with the HEMI wins!! LOL  ;D

Mind you 1600 hp is nothing to sneeze at, is it?

Run all you want....can't beat 2100m/s.          ;)

Jim Seggie said:

Don't want to end up like Jeremy Clarkson when he tried to beat the Challenger 2 in a Range Rover?

Nerf herder said:
Run all you want....can't beat 2100m/s.          ;)

Nothing like a fin dart up the tailpipe to quiet that hemi down pretty quick.

Jim Seggie said:
There shall be NO trailer hitches on the Maneater. The Big Red Truck has one.......HEMI POWER!!!!

My Big Red Truck has TWO hitches - front and rear - my HEMI can push or pull in either direction.  Flexibility is the key to sea HEMI power!

As an aside, CinC Home Fleet gets upset that my iPhone wall paper is my Big Red Truck, vice children...

Back