• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Do our tanks and LAVs have a key ignition? funny question

Wilamanjaro

Inactive
Reaction score
I was just thinking about it the other day. Is there a guy with a set of keys? Or is it a simple On/Off button?

Tanks have keys. The startup process is several stages. It is not like a car.

LAVs do not have an ignition key per se. The startup procedure is also in several stages.

All AFVs have padlocks to secure hatches.

Regards

All that money on new panzers and they don't even have remote start or keyless entry??  ;D

Eye In The Sky said:
All that money on new panzers and they don't even have remote start or keyless entry??  ;D

I wonder if they'll have AC and seat warmers!  ;D

frank1515 said:
I wonder if they'll have AC and seat warmers!  ;D

Even my NEW DODGE CHALLENGER has all the a/m stuff, incl GPS Nav, AM/FM/Sat radio, heated seats.....but I have not mounted any weapons through the sun roof.  >:D

I have push button start.....lol

Oh....push button start, how 1960's..

I laugh when people show me "push button start" Sheesh my Landrover had that and it was common on most old cars. I can also start my landrover with a cordless, non electric bio-mechanical starting system.  8)

Colin P said:
Oh....push button start, how 1960's..

But the key FOB has to be on me in order for the car to start..... >:D

You are a CRANKY fellow today...... ;)

LAVs do not have an ignition key per se. The startup procedure is also in several stages.
Several stages? You make it sound like it's complicated.  ;D

Sadly LAVs don't have key ignition, to start it you have to wake up the driver.

I wish the LAVs had key FOBs, with the auto start and that handy "honk the horn, flash the lights" button.  Now that I'm older I can never remember where exactly the thing is parked!

For anyone interested, the 2 General Electric LM 2500 Gas turbines which drive 4900+ tonnes of Halifax class frigate thru the water at 50 km/hr require a key to start.
(26,500 shp each) That said, they also burn 220 litres of fuel per km at 50 km/hr!!

Jim Seggie said:
Even my NEW DODGE CHALLENGER has all the a/m stuff, incl GPS Nav, AM/FM/Sat radio, heated seats.....but I have not mounted any weapons through the sun roof.  >:D

I have push button start.....lol

Pat in Halifax said:
For anyone interested, the 2 General Electric LM 2500 Gas turbines which drive 4900+ tonnes of Halifax class frigate thru the water at 50 km/hr require a key to start.
(26,500 shp each) That said, they also burn 220 litres of fuel per km at 50 km/hr!!

Yeah but are those engines Hemis?  ::)  ;)

Pat in Halifax said:

Oh, I see what you are saying here then...you can waterski behind them.  Nice! 

That is what you meant right?

Jim Seggie said:
Hemis make a nicer rumble  ;)

Nothing like the sound of 20 kg/sec of air being sucked in, winding the gas generator up to 8500 rpm - you can't help but hear it all over the ship...or within a couple kilometers on the open sea!

Nothing like a 5.7 Hemi (or similar) windiing up on the highway,....with the right exhaust you can hear them for a few miles as well!!

Jim Seggie said:
Nothing like a 5.7 Hemi (or similar) windiing up on the highway,....with the right exhaust you can hear them for a few miles as well!!

Unless you've got surface to surface and surface to air missiles, you're not as cool as a CPF.

It's a little sad when people think a 5.7l Hemi is special...

Topless.jpg

Punched big blocks for all!

Very nice!! Size?

The new Hemis put out anywhere from 372 - 390 HP stock. I have two.....the truck aka Big Red Truck and the Maneater aka Ma's Grocery Getter

Boys and their toys.... come give me a call once you get into the heavy equipment side of things. =D

Back