• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

DND seeks "Digital Awareness" trg to avoid bad guy cyberstalkers

The Bread Guy

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
Bumped with something from the public bidding site ...
... This Request for Standing Offer (RFSO) is for a qualified service provider to support the provision of Digital Awareness training to enable Canadian Armed Forces personnel with knowledge in communication techniques and methods that will digitally safeguard CAF members and mission communications ...
... with a bit more from the Statement of Work (attached):
... DND has a requirement for a Contractor to provide the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) members with digital awareness training on how the members can be electronically hunted and targeted by criminal elements in order to provide CAF personnel with knowledge in communication techniques and methods that will digitally safeguard our members and mission communications ... DND requires a qualified Contractor with the facilities, capacity, and resources to accommodate a 5 day training course, 3 day training package and maintenance training to provide the CAF member with the training on digital awareness and relevancy on current threats. The 5 day training course is to train our subject matter experts, the 3 day training package will be the curriculum for the subject matter experts to train the unit members and the maintenance training is to ensure material is relevant with current times ...
More general material on this stuff here (NATO study on luring tps via soc media) and the "Killing with Keyboards" thread (locked) here.

Attachments

• SOW-CAF-digital-awareness-trg.pdf
    382.9 KB · Views: 72
So, no one - absolutely no one - in the ADM (IM), Comms Rsch, NCIU or CFINTCOM worlds has the knowledge to develop and deliver this training so we have to contract it out?

Haggis said:
So, no one - absolutely no one - in the ADM (IM), Comms Rsch, NCIU or CFINTCOM worlds has the time and the will knowledge to develop and deliver this training so we have to contract it out?

FTFY

I don't know.

I think they have already done a brilliant job of developing and deploying a public facing web site that tells people absolutely nothing of value about DND/CAF.

;D

Just for some perspective, I currently work for a very large multi-national engineering and construction company.

I am regularly directed to take short (10 - 20 minute) online training sessions on various aspects of IT security.  The IT department routinely sends out fake emails to catch out people clicking on things they shouldn't.  Anyone that falls for one of these traps has to take additional (or repeat) training. 

stoker dave said:
Just for some perspective, I currently work for a very large multi-national engineering and construction company.

I am regularly directed to take short (10 - 20 minute) online training sessions on various aspects of IT security.  The IT department routinely sends out fake emails to catch out people clicking on things they shouldn't.  Anyone that falls for one of these traps has to take additional (or repeat) training.

Both are good ideas. Shorter (<5 mins), more frequent training sessions could work well and not disrupt activities on any given day. Trouble with such good ideas is that they will spread like a virus to other topics and before you know it you're doing fifty or more "training/awareness" sessions every month.

:cheers:

Back