• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Difference between Regiments

Status
Not open for further replies.

jake830

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm looking to switch from res. force infantry to reg. force within the next year and I just have a couple questions and concerns:
First of all, if I have a choice I'd like to go to 3 PPCLI and with a second choice 3 RCR, mainly because of the light infantry and airbourne groups. Now a few years down the road I'd like to make an attempt at sniper training, A FEW years down the road, depending on which regiment and battalion i'm in will certain ones give me a better chance?

Feel free to E-mail me the responses,

Thank you.

jake830 said:
I'm looking to switch from res. force infantry to reg. force within the next year and I just have a couple questions and concerns:
First of all, if I have a choice I'd like to go to 3 PPCLI and with a second choice 3 RCR, mainly because of the light infantry and airbourne groups. Now a few years down the road I'd like to make an attempt at sniper training, A FEW years down the road, depending on which regiment and battalion i'm in will certain ones give me a better chance?

Feel free to E-mail me the responses,

Thank you.
"Light Infantry" does not exist in Canadian doctrine.  All of Canada's 27 rifle companies are grouped as mechanised infantry companies.  The third battalions of all three regular infantry regiments have one company "dual tasked" as parachute companies.  For 3 RCR, for example, that company is Mike Company, aka "Para Company".  It served on Task Force 3-08 Battle Group as a mechanised infantry company.

If you wish to eventually make it to be employed as a sniper, I do have some good news.  All nine infantry battalions have a "sniper group".  If you wish to make it there, then first seek out to be employed as a reconnaissance patrolman.  If you perform well, then you may be selected for sniper training.  You would have equal chances in any of the nine regular force infantry battalions.

Cheers

Once more, do a search the info is out there. No one here is going to spoon feed you info that is readily available with a slight modicum of work on your part.

A read of the Guidelines is also mandatory.

Milnet.ca Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back