• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Difference between Regiments

joelyoung1991

Inactive
Reaction score
Whats the difference between a combat engineer support regiment and the other combat engineer regiments?

Support regiment has more heavy equipment and more armoured engineer equipment in it's TO&E.  Thats the theory anyway, doctrine is something we are very poor at following.

There is no such thing as a Combat Engineer Support Regiment....it's an Engineer Support Regiment.

Basically put, the difference between a CER and ESR is that the CERs provide close support engineering to their respective brigade groups, whereas the ESR is supposed to provide general support engineering to the division. Anywhere below that, it gets quite muddied as they all have the same capabilities, just in different numbers.

Personally, I think that 4 ESR has a personality disorder, in that it it has a specific mission that it never fulfills - it's designed to provide division-level engineering support, but concentrates entirely too much on close support engineering by way of supporting the 2 RCR BG and CTC's courses. I think it would be better served to be redesignated 4 CER and manned a long the lines of the other three regular force CERs....but that's just me.... :2c:

Back