• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Deployments, who should go reg vs res?

Status
Not open for further replies.

steen15

Inactive
Reaction score
This is not meant to be an attack on any reservists, although it may seem like it.  What I would really like to know is what is going through some peoples minds.  My big issue is with whats going on with HQ & Sigs with TF0106.  I recently came back to my home unit after being out in Wainwright for BTE05 as an augmentee.  While out there I was able to talk to an old Sargent and Warrent who are now with HQ & Sigs and they told me how they where so short of Cpl/Pte positions for the upcoming tour.  The solution was a large number of reservist who will be going over with them.....Fine.....but what about all of us reg force people who are not with a field unit and are more than able and willing to go.  This is our livelyhood and career, not a hobby or a side thing.  I mean its just a simple fact, the more operational time you have the more experience you have, the more opportunities are opened to you in your career.  For people who are doing this part time and I mean no disrespect to you but its just another bonus to keep you from leaving the CF just like issuing CPl's to someone with 12 months of time in.

I know some people might not agree but if there are operationally ready pers within our regular force who are able to go, not with a field unit, and have made a career commitment to the forces should they not be the ones given first go at these positions????????

steen15, welcome to Army.ca
Feel free to participate in the discussions, but I would like you to read more and get a feel of the site before you start new threads.
If you conduct a search of this site, you will find the subject has been discussed, and probably still is in some threads, ad nauseum. Threads of this nature (RegF vs ResF) invariably turn into flame wars, so I am locking this one. PM me or any other Mod if you have questions.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back