• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

DEO / LOG ..... passed all the testing and got recommended..... and now....

NikDD

Inactive
Reaction score
.... Hi there!  Wondering if anyone out there could answer a few questions? .... I first off had applied DEO in Combat... but my eyes didn't qualify V4 ... and didn't qualify for surgery.. figures....  So I applied as a DEO in LOG (which was off interests as well) ...I started my application in Sept. (because of applying as a DEO I had to be in my last semester in University) .... graduated from University in Dec. Started my testing in Jan. and last week had my interview and got recommended! I believe now I wait (I keep on reading a merit list???? confused about that)  .... I was told after my interview that there is now a 6 weeks rotation on recruitting .... re: the numbers that they get in Kingston for hiring.... and that it isn't just twice a year anymore??? Any comments on this???

As well... I talked to a Capt. in Log. and a Ret. Officer .... which his daughter is an NCO in Log. .... while I was told this area is very competitive ... at the same time everyone is telling me that the CF is hiring and that it won't be a problem, and I won't be waitting for 2 yrs on a list (as that happend 10yrs ago for the Navy.... I gather as well there wasn't as many females getting recruited back then ... as much as today with the quotas). So now I believe I am back on a list again.... hahaha....???

Anyhow... any comments good or bad... would be appreciated .... Cheers, Nik...

Hey Nik!
I thought I was one of the few with eye problems, welcome to the club!
Are you interested in reg. force or reserves?
I went the reserve route DEO and was hired within a few months as a LOG O. (recently I might add)
F.Y.I.

ND, I am going to St. Jean for IAP/BOTP on 8 April, and indeed things are moving quickly at recruiting these days.  I was told I would be merit listed and compete nationwide for a place as a DEO Log officer.  About 7 days after my interview, I was offered a job.  I am not sure about your circumstances, but I can't see why under current conditions you would have to wait a very long time.  Hope things work out. :)

ND, I forgot to add that a special DEO course was set up this year to take in as many DEOs as possible before fiscal year end.  At least, that is what my interviewer told me.  So it seems like the stars kind of have to line up.  Good luck!

Sounds like very good news for you Log. O hopefuls out there.  You guys should be pretty stoked as I had been waiting for close to a year for a Log. O slot with no luck but I just recently got tapped for a Signals O. slot which I think is just as cool.  Congratulations Victor Q!

Back