• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

deadline for reserve application?

mathabos

Inactive
Reaction score
No luck finding the information with the search function.

So here goes.

I have currently applied for Rotp with half of my university degree completed. I have read from this forum that the selection is coming around the end of February. The people at the recruiting center have confirmed it to be end of February/ beg of march. If I am not selected will it be possible to switch to a reserve application and still have a chance to go to training this summer. The only thing that will need to be done is my physical.
Unfortunately, the person behind the desk at the recruiting center today could not answer me.

Any thoughts 

Intake of reserve applicants ( except for Naval Reserve, and in rare cases Comms posn) is on hold tuntil at least 01 April 2010.

This means that under current guidelines we will not be able to process your application until then ( Unless you go Nav Res)

Things MAY change in the next while re: posn for PRes.... watch and shoot!

ROTP / RETP are selected from the same merit list. If you don't get ROTP you might possibly switch to RETP however. There are far fewer RETP positions available. Also be aware that with RETP you pay for your schooling and seek employment with a Reserve unit to offset those costs. It is not just a matter of choosing A or B, they are not the same in terms of pay / benefits and committmnet. Do your research now and make the change if you want to. Up to you.

CFR FCS

Thank you both for your inputs.
I will be doing a lot of searching over the next few days.
RETP sounds like a possibility if I dont make the cut for ROTP.
I will also look at the Navy trades in more dept.

Thanks again

Hey, i have a question i have already applied to the army reserves for infantry in mid November 2009.  By mid December i did my tests except for my medical.  I'm currently waiting to do the medical test.  The recruiting center told me to call my regiment and see if they have a spot open for me and then i will go on to do the medical.  I've heard all this talk about April is deadline and stuff and i'm just wondering what are my chances of actually starting and doing the training for this summer.

mathabos said:
No luck finding the information with the search function.

So here goes.

I have currently applied for Rotp with half of my university degree completed. I have read from this forum that the selection is coming around the end of February. The people at the recruiting center have confirmed it to be end of February/ beg of march. If I am not selected will it be possible to switch to a reserve application and still have a chance to go to training this summer. The only thing that will need to be done is my physical.
Unfortunately, the person behind the desk at the recruiting center today could not answer me.

Any thoughts

Eleven years ago, I applied for ROTP, was shut down, informed in (april? may?), then offered a spot in the reserves. I was on QL/2 in the beginning of July.

Take a look around, sure. Ask if units have spots available in trades that you're interested in. But it's not something where you can really do anything to get the ball moving in the interim.

Brasidas said:
Take a look around, sure. Ask if units have spots available in trades that you're interested in. But it's not something where you can really do anything to get the ball moving in the interim.

I started calling around the different reserves near my location to get a picture of what positions are left. Like you said I can't do much till the end of February but might as well be prepared with the information. If and when the time comes ill know where I could apply.

RamboAmo said:
Hey, i have a question i have already applied to the army reserves for infantry in mid November 2009.  By mid December i did my tests except for my medical.  I'm currently waiting to do the medical test.  The recruiting center told me to call my regiment and see if they have a spot open for me and then i will go on to do the medical.  I've heard all this talk about April is deadline and stuff and i'm just wondering what are my chances of actually starting and doing the training for this summer.

I'm going through something similar, they told me to go over to the CFRC and start my app, and that they'll be 'hiring' again in April, the person I talked to at the CFRC told me that they're still going to be trying to get those applicants into summer BMQ but it might be tight, though in your case it's different, seeing as you applied in November.

Well, I kind of missed the boat on starting the app process and I now have to wait for the Inf/Armoured units to start hiring again in April, I'll be heading over to the CFRC to get my app this week, but does this mean I'm going to/should be applying to several units at once? If I apply to the QOR and don't get hired, there are other units in Toronto that I could be applying to.

Looks like a mod merged my post with yours, I hope I'm not intruding  :P

Back