• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

D.I.E. cis-het white men bun fight [Split from:SWO badge]

Pissing on our largest recruiting pool (cis het white males) to the point where they see the writing on the wall and don't waste their time joining.

Not hard to avoid, but the trend I observe is activists taking things away rather than adding things in; attacking culture fosters a defensive mind. Eg. destroying commemorative paraphernalia, rather than creating more, is harmful.

Too often "we need to have a conservation/discussion/dialogue/talk" becomes "you need to sit quietly while we lecture" or (worse) "while we pass you under the harrow". It's corrosive because there are no saintly identifiable groups; there are assholes everywhere. It won't do to simply throw tantrums. Criticism must be objective and specific if concrete measures are to be taken.

I don't recollect; what are the principles for preparing a grievance?

Anecdotal. But over a decade ago a local police force had gained a reputation that white males need not apply. It got to the point where they no longer had waiting lists or pools of potential applicants because of it. They sent some of their recruiters to work with us to get some ideas on how to recruit more talent.

2 big issues. That reputation at not wanting to hire white males and them never going to recruiting events when police forces from across the country were attending recruiting events in there own backyard.

Your recruiting pool should be as big, wide and diverse as it can be to attract talent.

Very true. Speaking of which, you know what would also cripple the CAF? Pissing on our largest recruiting pool (cis het white males) to the point where they see the writing on the wall and don't waste their time joining. Think we have shortages now? We'd have to press-gang visible minorities and 2SLGBTQ+ Canadians into service.
I'm going to enjoy sitting back with my popcorn watching it happen 😉

All I can say is Operational Capability is going to continue to decline, the trend line is very clear.

There is no new money on the horizon, we are going to enter a prolonged period of austerity.

All I can say is Operational Capability is going to continue to decline, the trend line is very clear.
Less the CAF’s ‘Combat Convening Capability.’ 👍🏼

Once the demographics are corrected, I wonder which group will pick up the slack from the white males for the unspoken metric?

If you want to see real discrimination in action, just grow old in a company you have worked a long time for and are collecting and using your benefits and vacation time. HR will work very hard to get rid of you and replace you with a newer, younger, cheaper employee. This effect is stalled for the moment thanks labour shortages, but will come back with a vengeance as soon as possible.

After reading this thread, I'm entirely sold on a "diversity conscription" to meet the exact demographics of Canada. Let's press some folks into service for the greater good.
Agreed. Lets also post people to bases where their diversity represents the local area.

Oh crap, it'll be all white folk again.

We know the vast majority of the 110,000 who died in the service of Canada were ….

White males.
Yes…but.

We’re moving on from that, OldSolduer. It would seem the prevailing mood is that past contributions, when it doesn’t fit today’s anti-white male narrative, are to be suppressed as they simply serve to reinforce the misogynistic goals of today’s military, and keep us from embracing the demographic goals of our nation.

Agreed. Lets also post people to bases where their diversity represents the local area.

Oh crap, it'll be all white folk again.
Move Cold Lake to Vancouver, and Bagotville to Montréal (Saint-Hubert perhaps). I know, I know…housing prices and all…easy, the new CAF members can live with their parents if they can’t afford their own housing.

Move Cold Lake to Vancouver, and Bagotville to Montréal (Saint-Hubert perhaps). I know, I know…housing prices and all…easy, the new CAF members can live with their parents if they can’t afford their own housing.
Desirable posting locations with quality, affordable housing would actually go a long way.

There are operational needs that push us into the boondocks but really- if we could build thousands of units, maintain them, and put them somewhere where people want to live…

Of all the money pipes we have open 🤷‍♀️

I would add that being sarcastic about white males being excluded doesn’t really help. There is enough evidence and facts to show that white males have their place. We can make the case using facts, logic and respect.

I would add that being sarcastic about white males being excluded doesn’t really help. There is enough evidence and facts to show that white males have their place.
They certainly do, don’t they.

While I agree with your opinion I personally cannot help but feel the sacrifices we - white males have made for this nation are unappreciated in todays context and to be shrugged off.

While I agree with your opinion I personally cannot help but feel the sacrifices we - white males have made for this nation are unappreciated in todays context and to be shrugged off.

People often forget that the avenues we have to make the changes we are working towards were kept alive with the blood of thousands of young white men.

I think that could be said about the CAF as whole regardless of colour but yes I get your meaning. And goes to the whole white privilege argument when we look at suicide rates, injuries and deaths.

An example would be when we talk about systemic sexism and women being disproportionately affected by mata leave and the career implications. A valid argument could be made about career ending injuries suffered by men in that same career limiting context.

Back